To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to trialstardragon

Oh vahn vahn vahn, just out of curiosity, what actual numbers do you have to go by when making these claims about what the cod community as a whole like and dont like?  I will say that I personally prefer the hardcore variant over core, but i prefer game modes like demolition, domination, and headquarters over team deathmatch, kill confirmed, and search and destroy.  So I suck it up, play with weapons that are a one shot kill and tough it out in core variant with more variety in game modes.

You say you dont have these game modes in hardcore because they arent popular game modes with the small hardcore community.  But being that game modes like hardpoint have not even seen the hardcore variant, and a lot of diehard hardcore fans may have never even played it because its only available in core gameplay.  So how do you know that it wouldn't be popular enough in hardcore variant if it has never been tested with the community?

How do you know that more core players like myself wouldnt play more hard core if our favorite game modes were available in hardcore variant.  To give you an example, My clan played primarily core gameplay for the diverse game modes, we liked domination primarily, and still do.  Well domination has always been a core game mode, but in modern warfare 3, infinity ward brought domination to hardcore.  We started playing a lot of hardcore domination, more so than any core gameplay.

Now how many others do you think might be out there that enjoy the hardcore variant but play core for the simple fact that their favorite game mode isnt part of the hardcore playlist.  The answer is YOU DONT KNOW!  But I know a spectacular way to find out.  And its going to blow your mind.  You have your dev's release a patch that adds the game modes to the hardcore lobby, shouldnt take long and i bet it costs very little to do so.

Oh and while you're at it, how bout hardcore groundwar.

I got this from a post to Vahn.........I hope they get the hint that they have annoyed the hardcore community.  About time they did something about it

Level 1

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to Lukebj

Lukebj wrote:

Oh vahn vahn vahn, just out of curiosity, what actual numbers do you have to go by when making these claims about what the cod community as a whole like and dont like?

Given he has access to the uu playercounts i'd say hes got a pretty good idea, part from fact everyday players could see the player numbers in hcffa, the fact it barely reached 1000 would be a clear indication how unpopular it was , it was replaced with kc which has on average 15k

Level 75

trialstardragon wrote:

Making threats, that unless they bring it back you will not buy the next game does not help either. You will not bully the developers by such tactics. Your dislike of the removal will be noted and that is as far as it will go. Your threat has no power over them even if you like to think it does.

despite what you think, people who stop playing the game because of a reason actually does affect them if there are enough people who all stop playing for that very reason. they do care. they have a marketing department who cares very much about such a threat, as it affects future game sales, dlc sales, etc. now, 1 person getting mad, no, they don't care, but enough people and yes, yes they do.

for example, if you said adding in this game mode = 500,000 more players who continue playing this game instead of trading it in for far cry 3, or whatever, they would care a great deal, and trust me the game mode would be in. not saying that is even close to being true in this case, but it is definitely the reality.

Level 4

This game is legit, best fps out there. There is no lag fairy and the weapons are great. Hardcore is the only thing wrong with this game, I say get rid of it and let another company take over the millions who play HC. HC is taking up too much space on the playlists, we need room for more core! Please someone create a HC game and take the millions of HC fans with you, we don't need them in our community anymore!

Level 27

I agree with the fact that posts should be worded politley, there's no need for hostility.

The thing that makes me laugh is that all of these types of post telling HC players to shut up are made by people who don't play HC - so are not affected in anyway. 

How would you lot like the next installment of the franchise to be HC only?  Think there would be a fair few of your lot spitting out your dummies too.

I think the fact of the matter is now days Developers should be ADDING to the COD experience NOT TAKING THINGS AWAY.

And this whole talk of numbers in playlists is nonsense - Hello Prestige playlist in BO1.....

At the end of the day I'm sure Activision know what they are doing - they are fully aware they are pushing us COD old skoolers and purists away and catering to the 'aim assist casual no scope children'.

The reason for this is kids are more likely to shell out their pocket money for half made games and add-ons without a thought.  And thats all the publishers want - they don't care about the game nor the community.

And this is another reason the HC community is getting smaller - a lot of us are going back to PC versions of the game where Mods and custom maps are a million times better than the new incarnations.  I'm afraid to say that being a COD player from Vanilla I am heading the same way.

Anyways, those are my thoughts and do not wish to cause offense.  Just a sad sad time for the COD series.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

I agree, TDS says he plays HC yet he only comes up with excuses why it should be discarded. The HC community is growing because it obviously plays better than core, that is a fact. Activision's Tony Hawk got killed by EA's Skate back in 2007. Tony Hawk was like core, unrealistic and childish. EA's Skate was more realistic and catered to those who wanted a better experience. Core is the Tony Hawk of CoD, Skate is the hardcore version. As soon as a game comes out that caters to those of us who enjoy a more realistic approach to shooters it will be history repeating itself. Activision doesn't realize what they have with the HC community here. There is no excuse as to why HC doesn't get more options, we have the numbers. If you take the numbers of the HC players playing only 4 modes vs the core players who play 12 modes, plus League Play, plus the bonus list, plus the Revolution list you will see that our numbers are stronger. It's simple math, we have grown and I have outgrown these pathetic excuses. It doesn't bother me as much now though, I already maxed out last month and went back to playing SWTOR. History will repeat itself, watch.

Level 27

I wonder how long it will take for me to right a constructive complaint about it being removed if I can touchtype an average of 40-70 WPM

Level 7

In response to your comments about hardcore mode, when we all bought black op2 it was going to have the same hardcore modes as mw3,if treyarch had advised all gamers that there would be very limited hardcore modes I am sure the game would not have sold as many, also we all agreed to terms and conditions of play does not mean promise one thing then supply some thing else.there is thousands of complaints about the lack of information that treyarch are given to the gamers regarding hardcore modes,and to only supply 4 hardcore modes to play is pathetic Treyarch should have the courtesy to respond to the gamers questions.

Level 1

in reply to Bushythehunter

Im pretty much exclusively a hardcore tdm  player, why? Because I like it. But its my opinion that this game was developed  for a very specific group of players, the well for lack of a better term " pro" players. The high profile clans like Optic, or Obey.( I spelled the words correctly so im sure its diferent than how they spell them) , or the youtube crowd that has to get 10000000000 subs, in his clan of the week. My son is one of the latter. This is whatthe game was made for , I do enjoy the game quite a bit but it would be alot better if they concentrated on the game play, and less  on the social media nonsense.  So if youre not one of the " cool kids" its pretty much assured you'll be ignored

Level 1

Studios