To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

First off let me remind or point out one simple thing. The moment you played the game you agreed to the TOS. In that TOS is a clause where it states that the developers-3ARC retain all rights to the game. They reserve the right to modify, change, add, or remove any feature of the game including mp should they ever see reason to do. They do not even have to tell the players why they did this. They make the choices based upon what they feel is best for the game overall and not just by playlist or playstyle.

Futhermore they know they will upset some players with the changes they make at times. They know this and are ok with this. Because they also know they cannot ever keep all players happy all the time. And no they are not going to try to make everyone happy. They try their best to make as many happy as they can, knowing full well that any change they make will always make someone unhappy. You have to break some eggs in order to make a cake ya know.

Petitions to bring back the game mode, will not help you and in fact are not allowed by 3arc on the forums. Nor do they really take them serious because the signatures can be fabricated. It is very easy to manipulate a poll or petition online to have any number of votes or signatures for an action; yet all those votes or signatures may not be valid so becasue of this the petition and poll is generally considered not valid either or acceptable to 3arc for any reason at all.

Making pictures and then passing them around about the game in any negative format, such as showing the game box over a toilet with the words about it being flushed if hcffa is not returned does not help the situation. Infact these sorts of images hurt the attempt of ever starting a conversation with the developers about them ever considering brining the playlist back.

Making threats, that unless they bring it back you will not buy the next game does not help either. You will not bully the developers by such tactics. Your dislike of the removal will be noted and that is as far as it will go. Your threat has no power over them even if you like to think it does.

Making threats about suing them for bait and switch or theft because of the removal will generally get you ingored by the developers. You would not ever win a court case based upon those reasons. they did not bait and switch, nor did they steal anything. Please refer back to the begining of my post and read the first paragraph again.

Making demands for refunds will generally be ignored. agian refer back to the top of this thread for the reason.

Every negative thread made, only hurts your chances, it does not improve your chances at all. The best method would be to try and pm the developers or send them an email stating your desire and reason for the playlist to combe back. Please make sure if you try this, no insults are used, no threats or demans or other negative speech. And make sure you go in to detail and not just say, "Give me it BACK!!!!111!!", for that does not help your problem either.

You can either take what I said and try to gleam the small bit-o-wisdom contained in it and learn from it. Or you can just ignore it and go about your merry path to oblivion, aka being ignored by the developers.

Level 70
38 REPLIES

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to trialstardragon

These sort of forums are set up for a community to stay in touch, gather info, provide feed back(good and bad),. to express dissatisfaction, to give thanks, to make suggestions.....and 100's of other things,

with that said, if your saying that a portion of the community can't, shouldnt use tis forum to plead their case with the game developers, seems sort of odd, I along with THOUSANDS (if not millions) feel that once again that the hardcore community was completely ignored.....12+ core modes, 4 hardcore modes, surely the developers could have just inserted HC kill confirmed instead of deleting HCFFA.

And on top of that, the "Hardcore" portion of the multiplayer in this release has been "NERFED" to the point that it is nothing more than CORE without the minimap.......in HCTDM, it is now impossible for a team to hold an area .....Ghost has been destroyed....sniping is now a joke, you can run around and quick/no scope,  but the game wont you snipe from a concealed position without the game telling the enemy team whaere you are????  really????...the skill based portion of the game has been destroyed...

So a war based combat game allows, quick scoping, halo jumping, scopes that show you thru smoke and walls, but prevents a sniper on your team from keeping the enemies heads down from a conceled position?????  this indicates that if Treyarch is actully listening to the community, they are either ignoring the majority, or they are catering to specific groups.

Now add to that, people posting on a forum that this forum wasn't intended to bring your issues to light and be heard......well since David Vandahaar has failed to respond to a single TWITTER message, nobody from Treyarch has responded to any requests or questions on their Facebook Tech Support Page.......just where should the COD Online Gaming Community go to get answers to their questions?????

Level 5

Re: To all those expressing disastifaction about HCFFA being removed. Read this.

in reply to slayerextreme

HC is a smaller playerbase and so will always get a smaller number of playlists. This is how it always has been in all CoD's and will continue to be. There is no reason for them to invest in a larger number of playlists at launch when the numbers constantly prove the playerbase is smaller.

Feedback is one thing when it is helpful or constructive. Negative feedback or just ranting, or demanding, or threatening is another thing and is generally not very helpful to the developers. Though players may chose to do this, it does not mean the developers have to pay any more attention to them. Yes it make show disatisfaction but it does not mean the developers have to act on it if they feel their previous choice was for the better of the game overall.

HC has not been nerfed at all. Just because they removed the timer does not make it any harder to hold an area at all.

Sniping is not a joke, the bullet trails do not hinder any sniper that is actually any good at doing it. The sniper rifles in this game work fine if you can aim with them. If you need to remain concealed all the time then it is your skills that are nerfed and the problem and not the sniper rilfles at all.

HC was never any more skilled based in core. In fact HC takes less skill becasue it takes less time to kill someone. Removing the hud or radar does not add to the skill needed to play the game.

The reason why many are ignored is the manner of their twitters and their posts and the questions and how they go about it. Rage and get taken less seriously. Make demands or threats about law suits and be ignored. Attempt to slander them to bully them in to giving you what you want and get ignored.

Be rude to the developers and get ignored like any other child would be by its mother for not behaving and acting like they should get what they want how they want when they want just because they want.

Level 70

Its smaller due to the fact that with every release, the developers are pushing the game towards constant rushing and pushing towards the other team, every release the HC people get boxed into a "CORE" mentality....they are GAME MODES.....which just makes them OPTIONS to choose from...

You cant destroy  a gameplay method thru "development" and then turn around and say that the Hardcore community is getting smaller....OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!   your making it smaller!!!!!  The hardcore community is still here, its just that they have been boxed in by the developers...thats why this and every other COD and youtube and Facebook are filled with negative comments with regards to how they feel they are being treated....

It used to be "build it and they will come".....now its, "we are so big and powerful, we will now tell YOU what we want you to have"......

Trust me on this, because the world is full of innovators, there will be a group that gets together and provides the online gaming community what they want, fair and balanced playing field, great lag compensation calculations, great net code, realistic scenarios, equality in core vs hardcore...and when this happens, Activision will wonder why their base left them....right now the base is stuck waiting for the innovators to show up

Level 5

When and I stress when and if those innovators show up an do that than 3arc and IW will make changes until they do not have too, another simple fact.

You forget it is their game, they make the rules they decide how it plays not the players ever. It has always been this way. They decide what stays or not. Sure you can express your disdain at it but that does not mean they have to change it back ever.

But it is the methodology and way the disdain is expressed that can be the biggest hinderance in ever getting any changes made.

Insults including slander of any form=ignore

Threats of any kind=ignore

Demands of any kind=ignore

command of any kind=ignore

petition of any kind=ignore

unhelpful rant that just expresses unhappness but gives no helpful way to fix=understood but nothing to do about it since no idea was offered and they cannot read the players mind to know exactly what the problem was or how to fix it.

Level 70

actually, it is the consumer's game.

somewhere along the line, companies like 3arc forgot the old adage " the customer is always right " .

had they have stated before the game came out that there would have been only four hardcore modes they would have lost customers.

i remember having more hardcore modes in previous games.  you cannot take away game modes and then say that the reason you took away the game modes is because no one was playing the game modes. its a catch-22.

even if they dont give the hardcore players the same amount of game modes, we should still have more than 4.

ps -- i still do not get how anyone that plays core can say with a straight face that hardcore takes less skill.  when you have a mini-map that shows you the location of every player it isnt really a challenge.

Level 1

in reply to xilfxlegion

xilfxlegion wrote:

actually, it is the consumer's game.

somewhere along the line, companies like 3arc forgot the old adage " the customer is always right " .

had they have stated before the game came out that there would have been only four hardcore modes they would have lost customers.

i remember having more hardcore modes in previous games.  you cannot take away game modes and then say that the reason you took away the game modes is because no one was playing the game modes. its a catch-22.

even if they dont give the hardcore players the same amount of game modes, we should still have more than 4.

ps -- i still do not get how anyone that plays core can say with a straight face that hardcore takes less skill.  when you have a mini-map that shows you the location of every player it isnt really a challenge.

The customer is always right is a saying that died in the early 90s. The customer is no longer right when you lose profits. The customer is right is only used to tell the lower end employees how to handle a customer. Once you get into manangement you know for a fact that profit is always right and screw the customer.

Look at how Netflix changed their services losing almost 1 million out of 24 million subscribers, they were only expecting to lose half a million but they still did it anyway.. Look at how ATT lost tons of customers by dragging the price of basic phone service up to 45 dollars a month forcing people to buy a package.

Its not the customers game when you people keep buying it and playing it. It is only the customers game when you REFUSE to buy it. Even though that still doesnt make a difference.

Level 72

You can ask questions.  You can complain about something don't like about the game.  But that doesn't mean Treyarch has to do anything about it.  It also doesn't mean you get to threaten the Devs to get what you want.  I shouldn't have to reiterate everything TSD just said.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

I have asked questions, directly to Treyarchs Facebook Tech support page, I have tried David Vandahaars twitter account and all have went unanswered....again, I asked QUSTIONS.....I didnt make comments I didnt bash their product....

I am a highly trained technical professional, that has worked in the Telecomm/IT area for over 25 years, uderstand also, that everything most people try and do to get their online experience to function as good as it can, I have already done....

XBOX great cabling from XBOX to TV

XBOX Static IP

XBOX DNS settings set to fast private DNS server

XBOX hardwired to router with quality cat 6 cable

Router has newest firmware

Router-ports to XBOX live and to current game are all port forwarded

Television has "noise reduction" set to off

If it can be done to reduce either input or output latency it has been done.....

I asked the people and groups mentioned above some very specific questions and have been completely ignored......so, I spend a fair amount of time on the forums reading, a lot are those that complain about everything, some are just asking for help, some are just post "trolls" that are here to just cause friction...but once you filter out the bad, you find a small group within a group that are technically sound and have awesome input with great ideas.....and I like many others feel that the people that are willing to step up and ask technically sound questions, or provide feed back to the developers in a positive way on how to enhance or correct an issue that is hurting the COD community, we feel like we are being ignored 110%....

I LOVE COD, me and my friends have been together since COD4 Modern warfare ....we only play COD not battlefield not halo.....we are a COD group....but with each release, they get further from what brought in the masses to the COD series, a guy can run with a sniper rifle and gun you down bu quick/no scoping, but a person cant hide in a corner or a shadow or a bush because ghost only works if you are moving????  really......thats whats destroying the COD series, and its being destroyed from the INSIDE!!!

Level 5

slayerextreme wrote:

I have asked questions, directly to Treyarchs Facebook Tech support page, I have tried David Vandahaars twitter account and all have went unanswered....again, I asked QUSTIONS.....I didnt make comments I didnt bash their product....

You're not the only one trying to get answers.  There are a lot of people asking questions and only a few people that can answer them at any given time. 

I LOVE COD, me and my friends have been together since COD4 Modern warfare ....we only play COD not battlefield not halo.....we are a COD group....but with each release, they get further from what brought in the masses to the COD series, a guy can run with a sniper rifle and gun you down bu quick/no scoping, but a person cant hide in a corner or a shadow or a bush because ghost only works if you are moving????  really......thats whats destroying the COD series, and its being destroyed from the INSIDE!!!

Seems like more of a purist view.  You don't like the changes.  Well that's your opinion.  3ARC doesn't have to change things so that it plays exactly like COD4.  That's not the point of a sequal. 

Level 25

Studios