Total noob, where do I start?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Total noob, where do I start?

I dream of becoming a pro gamer. If not for a serious job, maybe just a hobby! I have been playing COD games since the summer of 2010 and don't find myself as experienced as I should be with over three years of practice.. my KD ratio in any type of game is around a 1.0, more below sometimes above but that's where it's generally at. I play on 11 sensitivity and enjoy using the MTAR with three attatchments. I'm good at noticing players on the map and aiming directly at them but when playing with really experienced gamers I have realized that even if I start shooting before, I end up being killed 3/5 times .

Besides that info, how can I improve my playing to seriously become awesome? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Total noob, where do I start?

in reply to CocoMillo
Solution
‎26-11-2013 01:58 AM

Although saying about the sensitivity thing I still play on 5/6 and I have over 200k kills. It makes you much more accurate.

If you ever make the transition to hardcore, quickdraw and dexterity are pretty important unless you prefer to use adjustable stock to strafe around corners. And it is very useful to use UAVs as it is a huge advantage in hardcore as the other team will not have a map and you will. Particularly if you also use counter-UAV and/or rocket launcher. The most important thing I'd say apart from playing the objectives to earn score is leaving the enemy no clue as to your whereabouts.

Level 2
6 REPLIES

in reply to CocoMillo

Do you play hardcore or core? They are both very different game types and require totally different playstyles.

Level 2

in reply to AnIrishGuy91

Core, I don't think I'm ready to play hardcore yet.

Level 1

in reply to CocoMillo

lower the sensitivity , use cover , use silencer until you know the spawns, use ghosts or rocket launcher to destroy enemy UAV

Level 3

in reply to Angloma

Thanks! I'll try doing that.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to CocoMillo
Solution
‎26-11-2013 01:58 AM

Although saying about the sensitivity thing I still play on 5/6 and I have over 200k kills. It makes you much more accurate.

If you ever make the transition to hardcore, quickdraw and dexterity are pretty important unless you prefer to use adjustable stock to strafe around corners. And it is very useful to use UAVs as it is a huge advantage in hardcore as the other team will not have a map and you will. Particularly if you also use counter-UAV and/or rocket launcher. The most important thing I'd say apart from playing the objectives to earn score is leaving the enemy no clue as to your whereabouts.

Level 2

in reply to AnIrishGuy91

That was a very informative and motivating response for me. Thank you!

Level 1

Studios