What happened to strategic shooters.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What happened to strategic shooters.

in reply to CowboySr

Call of duty is still not run and gun. It all depends on the game modes as it always has. Unfourtantley it does feel that way in FFA or TDM. because of the lousy spawn it has forcced it to be that way in those modes.

Level 38

in reply to CowboySr

Interesting post,

I believe what you say is true, the developers are looking for a broader / younger market and these younger players are more interested in impressing their fellow peers with "trick" shots than anything else. A huge and persistent issue, it borderline goes into will Activision allow the future of these titles become childlike. I hope not, and then again I hope another company who targets the more mature player breakthrough at kicks a-s-s with a new shooter.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to CowboySr

I played a lot of R6V (Assasination anyone?) and did R&G. Not all that succesfully as that was really my first online FPS but did nonetheless. Some more experienced players (Kush) let me run with them because even if not great was not an asshat online and they played very aggressively so I just followed down that path.

Having said that, CoD is more frenetic but I always try to have some sort of strategy even when running solo. Just helps me avoid doing laps on the map and have some sort of general purpose.

Level 12

in reply to CowboySr

That's precisely why I don't play much anymore Cowboy,  I had one person on my friends list that I played Black Ops with all the time but he lost his job so he couldn't buy Black Ops II.  I get tired of all the constant run and gun and only being able to play with randoms that don't play as a team so I just kinda stopped playing.  Now I have been out so long that when I do try to play I just get frustrated because i've lost a bit of skill from being dormant.

Level 1

in reply to StormRaging1

S&D may be a good option to rekindle the fun? A few sessions against bots and you'll be right as rain.

Level 12

Studios