What is up with these "trappers" lately?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

What is up with these "trappers" lately?

Not sure why but the last month or so I've had a rash of players trapping me into cover and corners. I use the term trap because I can't think of anything else to describe what's happening. I'll be against a wall with cover or a 90 deg. angle like in hijacked or nuke and a player will purposely corner me in with no where to go and no escape....until some one comes and kills us both. Is this a form of boosting? Obviously this is in core or I'd just knife them. It's getting damn annoying. I've reported a few but any one else have this problem?

Level 1
30 REPLIES

Re: What is up with these "trappers" lately?

in reply to geoblime

its called trolling. They are doing it to annoy because they find it funny

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

There has probably been a increase due to all the threads around here acknowledging it spurring them on knowing they are successfully bothering people...

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

BamBoozeLLed wrote:

There has probably been a increase due to all the threads around here acknowledging it spurring them on knowing they are successfully bothering people...

trolls have always been there. I highly doubt what goes on in these forums really has an impact on them.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I think this would be a hub for trollers to troll on (as we have seen) Im not saying its single handedly responsible for the "Increase" that this player has mentioned but posts like this dont help to stop them. They do enjoy reading posts like these and I can see that acting as encouragement. Btw my post was suppose to be in response to the op not a reply to you.

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

Sorry, not my intention to perpetuate this completely idiotic behavior. This hasn't happened to me at all until the last month or so. Just seems to be happening a lot more as of late.

Did the crazy ward release a bunch of people and hand a copy of BO2 on the way out? The quality of players in all aspects of the game seems to have dropped considerably in the last three months. I'm no premier player but I play the objectives, provide cover fire, watch team mates backs, don't team kill for care packages, etc. Ya know, how the game should be played...and I'm a solo player.

It seems to be going the other way for a lot of players. This trolling crap is one example. "Let's go ruin some one else's game". Never understood this mentality.

Level 1

in reply to geoblime

Don't worry its not you or threads like this, corner trappers have been around since MW2, the most likely reason is that BO2 is coming to the end of its "life cycle" and people are starting to get bored and finding other things to do in game.

Also just so you know if anyone is responsible for this its a YTer named Kevin and his "how to annoy people" series.

Level 18

in reply to QwertyBoredom

Actually there is more out there then just him on YT doing it.

Level 70

in reply to QwertyBoredom

I'm blaming Kyr Speedy and his trolling vids.

Level 35

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

BamBoozeLLed wrote:

I think this would be a hub for trollers to troll on (as we have seen) Im not saying its single handedly responsible for the "Increase" that this player has mentioned but posts like this dont help to stop them. They do enjoy reading posts like these and I can see that acting as encouragement. Btw my post was suppose to be in response to the op not a reply to you.

in all actuality there are very very few threads like this

Level 45

Studios