What is up with these "trappers" lately?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is up with these "trappers" lately?

in reply to geoblime

They do it because they don't like you hiding or camping in corners. It is to annoy you so either you leave and they get another rusher in the lobby or you quit doing it. Basically they are trolling you because they either think it is funny or in hopes you leave to get another player that plays more like how they think you should have been doing.. headless adrenaline monkey rushing.

Level 70

in reply to geoblime

That is called map control on a small map. If you can get say the middle of nuke down with some buddy's and you are able to take mid map. There is no reason to push in to flip spawns so tripping the enemy team is the most viable option if your going for the win.

Level 1

in reply to _COD_Ghost

Yeah, I don't think you even read the OP.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

ya sorry miss read it my bad

Level 1

in reply to geoblime

It's annoying when it occurs, I've had it happen to myself on a few occasions....I play people at their own stupid games these days. I take a mental note of their gamertag and make sure I trap them until they leave..Works a treat.

Level 18

in reply to geoblime

I can think of two reasons why someone would do this.

First is if you are camping, they are telling you to stop playing like a chicken and get out there and help win the match.

Second is just to be an immature troll trying to cause you grief as someone else pointed out.

Level 6

in reply to hudder92

Sometimes camping is the best way to win a match.  I managed to get a VSAT in Nuketown TDM doing this and my team still got shot to **** by running and gunning recklessly.  I'm not supposed to lose when I earn a VSAT in TDM.   I tend to camp overlooking bottlenecks with an LMG or a sniper rifle and not in a corner with an SMG/AR/shotgun.  The only exception is if I am running away from an enemy to lure them into a trap or for health regeneration.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to geoblime

there are a lot of yt vids featuring this.  thats how it spreads. i play hardcore,  last time it happened to me i just sat patiently and even got 2 kills over the trolls shoulder. i prepared myself for the moment an enemy came and then got the kill after the troll was killed.
when you get trolled, the best thing to do is dont feed it. just act like it doesnt bother you. and if you are noticing a lot of flashbang trolls then have an anti troll class on deck. lightfoot,  flak jacket, tactical mask, tactician with flash and concussion

so you can resist his trolls and then troll back.

Level 1

in reply to STYLEmaster

you forgot scavenger so that you can continue your assault on them.

Level 9

in reply to geoblime

geoblime wrote:

Not sure why but the last month or so I've had a rash of players trapping me into cover and corners.

What you are describing is a tradition within Call of Duty. As we get into the last quarter of the season, it is a ritual that the screamers have finally convinced their parents to buy the latest edition of COD. Not because the enjoy this wonderful culture the rest of us know as Call of Duty, but because they enjoy asking Daddy, "Daddy, who was that nice lady at the grocery store? She was pretty" while in the middle of dinner with Mommy.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios