What is up with these "trappers" lately?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is up with these "trappers" lately?

in reply to deamonomic

Still doesnt help. I have seen more then a few so by you saying there are VERY VERY few is just you trolling, back off you understood my point.

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

Deamon is right. There are very few trappers/trolls. I have a PM account and I never experienced a trapper on it and it took me 8 prestiges on the other one before I encountered my first. That's like a total of 19 prestiges for one troll.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

SO just because you didnt run into to any there must be none got it. Like I said I have seen multiple posts on these types of issues, not only on this site but many other forums as well. Im done with these thread and its pettiness.

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

What pettiness? Its absolutely true that threads that talk about "trolling/trapping" are in the minority on these forums. Its one thread out of 100 that gets posted IF that. Which is what I was stating. Not that Trolling rarely happens, Though its not exactly a regular occurrence either. And no I dont need to back off as this is a DISCUSSION. Dont like it then dont post the topic.

My whole point is that your statement that it has been spurred on, is wrong. Very few topics have discussed trapping. Again its atleast around 1 out of 100. So I stand with my previous statement And on top of that how many people ACTUALLY visit these forums? We are but a tiny fraction of the CoD community here on these forums. So Even if we were to influence them the influence would be minor boarder on unseen.

again if you dont like discussions dont post your opinion at all cause if you post it anyone here has the right to talk about it.

Level 45
Highlighted

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

You miss the point that running into a troll is a rare occurrence. Even in MW3, BO1, and MW2, running into a troll is rare. They do exist but they're rare. I have more chance going flawless in a game than encountering a troll.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

True, you can play 100 games and maybe find a griefer/troll in about 5-10 of them IF lucky. Solution after match, mark as avoid and leave lobby.

Level 70

in reply to geoblime

It's happened to me only once on BO2 fortunately.  The map was Slums and it was TDM.  I’d eaten a couple of bullets during a gunfight and ducked into a corner to reload and heal up.   I popped up from out of cover and scoped around to see if there were any targets.  Didn’t see any so I decided to move on – only I couldn’t.  I turned around to see some troll with his shield had blocked me into the corner.  There was nothing I could do so I crouched down to make myself less of a target and pulled out my OP Kap 40 and waited patiently.  15 seconds later an enemy player came and shot him in the back then proceeded to be promptly hosed down by me.   I sent the troll a thank you message after the game for helping me get an easy kill.  He didn’t see the funny side

Level 29

in reply to geoblime

This is one of the reasons I prefer HC games more and more these days - you can't trap someone in a corner when they can kill you.  There's far fewer squeakers in HC too.  

Level 1

in reply to geoblime

Maybe off topic...

But all of the so-called HC players who ask for Ricochet back... take note. This was a serious issue in HC Modes in MW3, and there wasn't a thing you could do about it.

Another reason why Ricochet is a bad idea.

To the OP... its just a jerky thing people do. I don't know why they get amusement out of ruining the game for others, but they do.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to geoblime

I just had my first trapper on PSN. He was following me around with a LMG and was firing it to give away our location. He trapped me in a corner in Hijacked when I was reloading. I got lucky and he got killed and I was able to kill his killer. I still ended up topping the lobby and we won the game despite being trapped in a corner for two minutes.

I didn't lose my temper and was laughing through it all. I sent him a friend request and we went on to own the next few games.

His emblem says "U Camp, I Troll" while my emblem says "CAMP."

Level 35

Studios