What is your speed?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is your speed?

in reply to iidarkshadowoo

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2413432379.png>

That is my result. Taking the test just made me realise how ridiculously low my upload speed is compared to download! Anyway...

I'm in London in the UK and my ISP is Virgin Media. It is a Cable connection. I have a VM 'Super Hub' which I use only as a modem because the built-in router is SH*T! - My existing 8 year old Belkin Pre-N wireless router is 10x better for speed and range. I wire my xbox directly into the VM modem/hub thing.

Regardless of my speed, with open NAT and wired connection I still get Lag-opalypse every night. The quality of connections fluctuates during day and unfortunately is 10x worse during the times I most often get to play. During the working week I get home at around 6:30pm and play for roughly 2 hours, during which time I get 2, maybe 3 fair games that doesn't seem me screwed over by hit markers.

My friend has 70mb down and 20mb up and his results are very similar. He lives 2 streets away from me with a completely different ISP.

Level 3

Im at work so i cant post pic, but at home mines about 50down 25up around 40 ping thats from about 500 miles away and every game im in i always seem to be host....and still fuckin lag. haha

Level 4

@djtn

whooooooooaaaaaa

ok the guys got the right information and presents it well BUT -t pinging a host wtf! I would suggest no one does this reasons far to numerous to mention the least of which being thats going to screw the game up for everyone on that particular host

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Maccabi

LMAO - I understand Mac, not saying "you should try this at home kiddies". I just wanted to point out that the problem, for the most part, is not with your ping or bandwidth - It's that the host is not getting your packets, not returning them and/or not handling them correctly.

Level 11

djtn wrote:

LMAO - I understand Mac, not saying "you should try this at home kiddies". I just wanted to point out that the problem, for the most part, is not with your ping or bandwidth - It's that the host is not getting your packets, not returning them and/or not handling them correctly.

ironically the guys also borked his own results as hes bridged through his pc.

did like the way he presented the information though up until the -t pinging part

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Even if he jacked it up a little, it was still very fast and consistant for the most part. Proving it's not your ping to the host that's causing the problem eh?

Level 11

Studios