Where does 3arch/IW get their feedback from?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Where does 3arch/IW get their feedback from?

in reply to CowboySr

I wish there was someone out there to blindside one of these guys with this question in an interview like tobuscus or someone, instead of these prescripted boring informercials I always see.  Noone seems to have the brass for it though.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I would like to have an anonymous Treyarch employee to spill the beans with inside infos on why are we getting all these stuff. Is it the management to blame or was it Vahn himself?

Level 35
Highlighted

in reply to CowboySr

Do you not remember all the t threads crying about ghost   and campers? Treyarc took it to the extreme but they for the most part cut down on that. Its a be careful watch you wish for kinda thing. Y'all wanted everyone to be rushers. Well here you go. You got it.

Level 1

in reply to sickazitgetzz

sickazitgetzz wrote:

Y'all wanted everyone to be rushers. Well here you go. You got it.

I never asked for that. Don't you put words in my mouth.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

I think he's talking about the Ghost whiners in general.

Level 35

in reply to sickazitgetzz

they weren't that bad in the first place, they were annoying yeah but half the time they where stuck to a building because the soldiers had bargin bin ghillie suits.

which you could easily avoid them or just stun or flash them and go kill them because 9/10 they never moved from that same corner.

Level 18

in reply to CowboySr

There is a developer mentality, not just in gaming but in technology in general, to tell the customer what they want.  Not listen to their request.  Apple is that way and for the most part, they've been successful. 

But I think what you're seeing here with BO2 is the other side of that coin.  I believe it's them who want it to go the MLG route.  It's better for their brand.  It's better for sales.  It'll keep them relevant for a few years longer when sales are declining by 15-20% each year.  But the customers themselves didn't respond in kind.  Hence, just the 2,000 or so people on the league matches.

People just want to sit back and relax when they get home from work or school and shoot a few people up before they go back to their daily lives.  This skilled based matchmaking in public matches not only makes the lag worse, but also turns gaming into work.  And sometimes that's okay.  But people want the choice.  Which makes sense when people want to play league instead of public matches. 

The fix is simple for that particular problem.  But we'll see if they go there.

As for all the other problems...

Level 11

in reply to SheSaidNo

SheSaidNo wrote:

But I think what you're seeing here with BO2 is the other side of that coin.  I believe it's them who want it to go the MLG route.  It's better for their brand.  It's better for sales.  It'll keep them relevant for a few years longer when sales are declining by 15-20% each year.  But the customers themselves didn't respond in kind.  Hence, just the 2,000 or so people on the league matches.

People just want to sit back and relax when they get home from work or school and shoot a few people up before they go back to their daily lives.  This skilled based matchmaking in public matches not only makes the lag worse, but also turns gaming into work.  And sometimes that's okay.  But people want the choice.  Which makes sense when people want to play league instead of public matches. 

I agree, and I hate "Competitive" gaming.  Trying to turn a game into a sport is just stupid, and already ruined WoW.  That game began its death the second they introduced arenas and tried to jockey into e-sports territory where it didn't belong.  CoD can add league play, but who is playing it? Why would they?  The in game stats are meaningless, and if people are really going to play competitively, they'll do so with their own ladders.

Level 15

in reply to SheSaidNo

I actually think apple products are in demand, because their stuff is made well. I think this is a bad example of the point you are making. I do agree that the league play was meant to cater to the MLGers, which is fine for me. I think its actually a great idea, put not completely thought out properly. I havent played it yet to merit a discussion about it, but I'll try it this weekend.

One of my favorite shooters ever was rainbow6 black arrow for having a clan system with a chain of hierarchy that is similar to how World of Warcraft has ranks within its guild.  If I recall correctly Black arrow was the first to try this "league play" idea and it failed miserably as people weren't looking to get that serious about the game. Of course clans were new back then. I remember searching for games in that mode, and never were we able to find a single game     I've always chalked it up to people just not wanting to get so serious, but we did come across good groups once and awhile and basically have good battles.

I think the matchmaking for the basic game should not be based on player skill, rather a good connection. Matchmaking for League play should be based on clan rank, similar to how the NHL games are now, and go to a monthly playoff system!  League play stats should be separate or omitted for overall stats from regular game play.  Then you will see people play this mode. People that are K/D sensitive don't want their K/Ds battered down because they have chosen to play against good competition on a regular basis.   Before anyone starts trolling about K/D or SPM, I'll just say I don't care about it, but I understand how some people do, and that's what's holding people back from playing it......that's it.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I brought up Apple, because Steve Jobs always had a mentality of, "I don't care what the people are asking for.  I'll tell them what they're asking for."  Apple products weren't always in demand.  But they predicted and developed what would be popular.

I guess my point was just to say that as a developer you have to guess the next big thing for your brand/product line.  And that guess can be informed from your audience, gamers who love and play the game.  Or like you said, they're 10 year-old little brothers.

Innovation is tough to predict. 

Level 11

Studios