Why am i suddenly so bad at multiplayer?!?!

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why am i suddenly so bad at multiplayer?!?!

Does anyone know why i've suddenly become much worse at multiplayer? I used to be in the top 3 pretty much every game, now I'm getting a KD of like 0.6! This has been happening a while now and i actually now have a negative KD! I'm getting a bit worried to be honest, i just don't notice people and they seem to be killing me before I've come round the corner and stuff like that? If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Level 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why am i suddenly so bad at multiplayer?!?!

in reply to randomchicken01
Solution
‎05-04-2013 04:31 AM

Cheers guys

Level 6
66 REPLIES

Sorry but I don't know that anyone could offer much help without seeing your gameplay or at least getting some more insight into your predicament.  What kind of classes are you using?  Are you rushing or playing more defensively?  What game mode(s) are you playing?

Level 7

in reply to PandasRpeople2

I've been using a wide variety of classes and strategies, and playing most game modes, but when i am sniping, before i could hard scope and get a one hit kill nearly every time with any sniper, now i am jumping all over the place and getting leg shots and failing to hit my targets. When i rush into a setting with 3 people in it, i seem to be able to hit them with innumerable bullets without any of them dying, but i thinks thats more of a glitch or lag. I'm still very good with LMGs but they are not so useful in CQC and when i use an SMG or shotgun, it seems to take far too many hits or i just miss my target. I think i rush into some things too much because i usually go for an objective without clearing the area first, which is just stupid rather than not being good at the game. I've just got generally worse :/ thanks for your help though

Level 6

could be alot of things. They nerfed/buffed alot of guns, as the game progresses so do play styles and tatics. you have to account for players learning the maps and tactics. You also might want to reflect on yourself, im not sayign that in a abd way but I've noticed even with myself sometimes I get used to certain things and doings certain things and i start slacking. like I always ADS as im coming around a corner, but i've caught myself not doing it and it cost me. little things like that make a big difference. then you got internet conncetions, response times, ect.

Level 3

in reply to DirtyMooseTaint

Very true. I get lackadaisacal after awhile and start feeling invincible. Laziness will get you smoked.

Level 12

I can't speak for sniping as I never do it, but as for CQC my general recommendations to anyone would be:

1. Make sure your sensitivity is set high enough (at least 8) so that you can turn on people quickly.  If you find the controller unmanagable at that sensitivity, get yourself some Kontrol Freeks to extend your controller's thumbsticks (really just the right thumbstick needs it).

2. With SMGs, practice transitioning from hipfire into ADS firing, rather than waiting until ADS'd to fire.

3. Even with a close quarters weapon like an SMG, make sure you can control it.  You will be forced into some medium range gunfights and you want a chance of winning.  For example, if I play with the MP7 I have to run a reflex sight on it because I find the sights too obstructive.  When I start firing at a mid-range target, the recoil kicks the gun up over his head and I can't correct as well without a reflex sight.  Experiment and find what you're most comfortable with.

Hope something useful was said there.

Level 7

in reply to PandasRpeople2

Thanks, this was very helpful, probably explains most of it, i will try these new tactics and fiddle around and try new things (as soon as my BO2 is fixed)

Level 6

randomchicken01 wrote:

I've been using a wide variety of classes and strategies,

Just a curiosity ... did you also experiment with Target Assist?

Did you also experiment with your controller sensitivity settings?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Yeah i did, when i turned aim assist off i was better in some situations because when i ADS i move heavily towards the player and sometimes don't realise that it has already snapped me to the player so i go past the player and start firing to the side of him. But generally i was worse without aim assist, and yeah i tried every different sensitivity available (including 1 (i couldn't deal with that at all, it was shocking) and 14 (i just couldn't see what was happening, everything was one big blur)) and came to the conclusion that i was playing best on 8; what i normally have it on. I'm still not playing well though unfortunately :/

Level 6

just having a bad day? it happens... sometime i play for hours and suck all day. other times its instant relentless medals. rare... but i can usually tell within the first couple games. if i am not aiming right or just anything is going wrong i usually stop playing so i dont get mad, and frustrrated at a game... and thats pretty easy to do with COD sometimes... just take a break, try different search pref's in lobbies... usually that helps.

Level 6

Studios