Why did everyone somehow expect 2 KDs at launch?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why did everyone somehow expect 2 KDs at launch?

This just dawned on me. 

It seems a lot of people on here are stressed because they don't have the same KD as the last few games.  But wait.  Didn't you struggle just as much during the launch of each previous game?  I at least fondly remember sucking a bit because I WAS NOT USED TO IT.

I guess you could say this wasn't a copy and paste job then like most of you say it is.  Because everyone would be pulling 2 KDs and stuff right off the bat. 

Also.  Why do you care what your KD is?  Are you MLG? Do you make money from having a high KD? If not, then why waste the effort?  Just play to have fun!

Level 25
40 REPLIES

Re: Why did everyone somehow expect 2 KDs at launch?

in reply to asianman12

LOL, even if it was MLG.... MLG has bugger all to do with KDR, they play for competition so they rarely have TDM in a gamemode of the 3 games they play..

its usually DOM, CTF, KC or SnD.

Level 13

in reply to thetizzleguy

Well then if it's not MLG.  Then why do people stress over a high KD all the time? 

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

I only play TDM and use my K.D. as a rough guide to how well i'm doing, most of the time it's with randoms so anything else such as my win/loss is pretty much out of control.  I don't stress over any of this stuff because it's only a game, it's just a bit of fun.

This game so far has been controlled by lag anyway so all the stats pretty much meaningless.

Level 20

obzi wrote:

I only play TDM and use my K.D. as a rough guide to how well i'm doing, most of the time it's with randoms so anything else such as my win/loss is pretty much out of control.  I don't stress over any of this stuff because it's only a game, it's just a bit of fun.

This game so far has been controlled by lag anyway so all the stats pretty much meaningless.

This.....

And I am happy with my average across every Call of Duty that I have played..... ~1.4

But..... since around the middle of MW3's cycle until 3 months before BO2, and from the launch of BO2 until this past Monday...... I have never had to quit as many matches in any other Call of Duty game due to the BS that has been happening in these two.

I can only wonder what it will be like tonight, since what I've been reading this morning is the servers were crashing earlier.

Message was edited by: wildgator25

Level 3

in reply to asianman12

I play solo and had a 2.5K/D but its slowly been going down as I seem to get more and more affected by lag for some wierd reason.

Seems the longer I play the worse it gets haha!! - not that fussed though

Level 10

in reply to asianman12

It seems to be a mathematical miracle that everyone has a positive k/d?????????

Level 2

in reply to Mikeyboymike

It's all about tweaking netcode and connenctions to remove skill out of the equation. We would hate for the casual game to have a bad experience and not buy COD every year!

Level 4

in reply to asianman12

I just expected to kill someone at launch was that too much to ask? 

Level 4

in reply to DieselFox

Well I had no problem doing that at launch.  But just being able to kill someone just seems too vague of a stance.  Everyone else seems to feel they deserve to have a super high KD like they were somehow playing this game years before release.

Level 25

Studios