Why do I hate Black Ops 2.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why do I hate Black Ops 2.

in reply to bravoelite

#10 #13, #14 and #21 are your only valid complaints. Everything else is BS.

Level 25

in reply to bravoelite

The maps and constant host migrations ruined it for me to begin with.... I got through that, but tonight after about my 15th connection interrupted screen I calmly ejected the disc and put it in my bin....the box in the recycling.

My Black Ops journey is now over, some of it good, some of it bad. I wouldn't say I hated it, nor did I like it though. Lets just say, a learning curve.

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

highlandsparky wrote:

The maps and constant host migrations ruined it for me to begin with.... I got through that, but tonight after about my 15th connection interrupted screen I calmly ejected the disc and put it in my bin....the box in the recycling.

My Black Ops journey is now over, some of it good, some of it bad. I wouldn't say I hated it, nor did I like it though. Lets just say, a learning curve.

wo wo wo no need to waste it XD send it to me! it will have a good home

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I would have quite happily, although.....I ain't going back in the bin for it.

Level 18

sad face

Level 45

highlandsparky wrote:

Well... at least you chose the green option (although reusing it would've been better IMO)

Level 35

I hate to say this but after seeing how much there is to do it GTA my journey might be over too. I am getting Ghost AND BF4. And just going back to only shooting people does sound repetitive now. Even though there are many gametypes coming out as well as existing gametypes it still feels like all you do is shoot people.

But I dont hate them. There are very few games I hate. If I even think I may hate them then I just dont buy it. If I buy it a games its my fault if the game turns out to suck. I made the decision to buy it. I have bought games before that were great in past iterations that sucked with the present day version. But its not the developers fault that I didnt like the game.

Its their game, they have the total freedom to make it the way THEY want to. And they have total freedom to change anything they way they want to. Just like I have the freedom to buy it or not.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Yeah I thought I was the only one who thought there were too many shooters (loosely defined).  I used to play a lot of arcade racing games but they're not as popular as they once were so I tried out shooters.

Level 31

There certainly are a lot of shooters on the go...I managed to resist temptation and give GTA a miss. I'm still unsure about Ghosts as of yet, although Battlefield is a definitive no.

Like you've said, the only person to blame for a bad purchase, is ourselves. There's plenty of info out there, no one forces us to buy games on launch day either..... which I shall not do again, nor any form of pre-paid DLC. I'll wait, read the feedback / reviews I trust, then make what's hopefully the correct choice.

Level 18

starbuckfrack wrote:

Its their game, they have the total freedom to make it the way THEY want to. And they have total freedom to change anything they way they want to. Just like I have the freedom to buy it or not.

There are things in this game that do not work as they were intended by the designers.  Just because they can't own up to them does not mean they are working correctly/the way they want.  Some they've commented on and still haven't fixed.  You can't get a refund on a product that after a year still doesn't work as planned.  Several things they haven't even attempted to fix/change for the better.  Also, knowingly/unknowingly designing the game in a way the console can't handle is not acceptable(rendering/frame skip).  That is not a design ideal that you don't agree with.  That is bad design that does not work as it should/wanted.

What you are describing is something like killing friendlies in hardcore instead of ricochet.  That's something people don't agree on but works perfectly as intended.

Level 4

Studios