Why is the knifing in BO2 Multiplayer so bad?!

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why is the knifing in BO2 Multiplayer so bad?!

Does anyone know why the knifing in Multiplayer is so horrendously inaccurate? Please reply if you know because you can be knifing for literally minutes, straight into each others' faces without an outcome!

Level 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why is the knifing in BO2 Multiplayer so bad?!

in reply to randomchicken01
Solution
‎31-03-2013 10:05 AM

Thinking of the situation in One in the Chamber, however, when there are two players remaining with no bullets between them it is necessary to knife. I now have a strategy which lets me knife and win almost every single 2 player knifing battle in One in the Chamber with about a 95% certain guarantee of my victory, no cheating involved, but before i knew this strategy, the record for me of longest knifing battle was 6 minutes and 33 seconds before one person died, and there wasn't even any lag! I was just curious as to why it is quite so bad, thanks guys

Level 6
25 REPLIES

It was too easy to do in the previous games. Did they go over board? I think not. If you bring a knife to a gun fight you should lose plain and simple. I think its actually quite comical when myself and an opponent try to knife one another. I see alot less of the knife lunge through my bullets BS so I like the change.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

blb128 wrote:

It was too easy to do in the previous games. Did they go over board? I think not. If you bring a knife to a gun fight you should lose plain and simple.

Realism plays little part to the game.

Level 31

Majority of the community argued about the knifing system from the previous titles. Treyarch listened to the arguments and finally took action by nerfing the knife. I'd suggest you try not to knife unless you are extremely close to your target. Otherwise, pull out your secondary if you need to reload your primary. Chances are you have already wounded your oppoenet, giving you an upper hand if you swap fast and finish him off.

Level 7

Because of the amount of complaints the studios got on how easy it was to knfie, Treyarch purposely changed it.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to keshavci

I for sure agree.. it was way to easy to get knife kills.. I love the battefield 3 knife kills by far.. its a bit slower and much more methodical..

Level 2

Solution
‎31-03-2013 10:05 AM

Thinking of the situation in One in the Chamber, however, when there are two players remaining with no bullets between them it is necessary to knife. I now have a strategy which lets me knife and win almost every single 2 player knifing battle in One in the Chamber with about a 95% certain guarantee of my victory, no cheating involved, but before i knew this strategy, the record for me of longest knifing battle was 6 minutes and 33 seconds before one person died, and there wasn't even any lag! I was just curious as to why it is quite so bad, thanks guys

Level 6

i honestly think they got tired of all the complaints, so they just kind of over did it as like a middle finger to the whiners. knifing was fine in the other games, and all the crybabys had to ruin it for every one.

Level 7

in reply to AHaras

Yep.  I'm surprised at people moaning about the Commando lunge in MW2.  There were better perks to use in that tier I felt.

Level 31

Because a very large part of the community said they wanted knifing nerfed, 3arc listened and acted.

Level 18

Studios