competitive game? hah

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

competitive game? hah

The only way this game is competitive is if the two teams play a custom match (or somehow get paired against each other in league).

Although I am new to console/BO, I've been comp gaming for 10+ years. This game, on any platform (I play pc and xbox), has the most awful matches 90% of the time.

I quit EVERY match that is a blowout even if I'm on the winning team and I have finished maybe 5% of the games I've played in. Boring.

Each match is an absolute joke. It comes down to what side you are on whether you win or lose. Even in 'league' half the time is 3v4, so I quit to even the match and get probation (guess no ones heard of standing down in this game either).

So here is my question.. How is such a popular game have such bad match-making?? Don't the makers know that the fun comes from actually competing in the game? If the teams aren't fair (or close) what's the sense in playing?

PS- the game is fun as shit 10% of the time.

Level 1
7 REPLIES

Re: competitive game? hah

in reply to TG_thomz

Each one of us is different and what you may find boring may not hold true to the next person.

Level 35

in reply to TG_thomz

Matchmaking isnt based on skill in this game, thats why. As a matter of fact neither was skill based Matchmaking.

"I quit cause I am so good". Sure.

You do realize that when you quit any game you lose.

Level 72

in reply to TG_thomz

If you're bored than you're boring.

I've found the game to be a mixed bag, sometimes extremely competitive, sometimes difficult, sometimes easy.

It is what you make it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Agreed, some nights I can play horrible, the next night great. I just try to have fun with it, its a game. You won't win all the time so why get upset. 

Level 2

in reply to TG_thomz

I don't see how a game that makes you artificially lag can be "competitive".

Level 2

in reply to Richie55

You really need to get out of your "artificial lag" tin hat theory.

Its been said many times that it doesnt exist. What you are dealing with is latency.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

You do understand that latency and lag go hand in hand right? Latency deals with numbers and time. Lag is what is felt as a result of the latency numbers.

Level 6

Studios