flak jacket is op

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

flak jacket is op

flak jacket makes the following explosives require 2x

c4 2x

claymore 2x

frag grenade 2x

crossbow 2x (even if the target is hit with one he/she will not die)

rpg 2x

smaw 2x

bouncing betty 2x

rcxd 2x(if somehow you had two of them attack the same target) There is also more killstreaks it survives against but its obvious how strong flak jacket is once you read to this point.

This is not balanced at all. This destroys the point of explosives and I think flak jacket should provide damage resistance against only a select few, not the entire arsenal. Because all that remains is combat axe resistance...

But I would like to see what the community believes it should keep you alive against.

Level 2
60 REPLIES

Re: flak jacket is op

in reply to college101

look at how many explosives you listed and then maybe you'll understand why flak jacket has to be where it is

sorry you people have to get a kill with a gun every now and then

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

If killing people with a gun in the game was a problem I would have posted it....you obviously are a user of it and dont want to see the nerfs it needs.

Level 2

in reply to college101

And what exactly is the nerf is needs? Exept for the RCXD, i don't see the problem with the rest. It's supposed to give resistance to explosive, that means ALL explosive. Thought it was simple... Use it and stop complaining

Level 4

in reply to ZombiesFan1

I dont know what it should be nerfed against right off the bat.

But against killstreaks such as the rcxd is a start.

Level 2

in reply to college101

obviously it's an implied problem considering you're complaining about explosives being unable to do all of the work 100% of the time

i actually don't use it that often, it's just irritating seeing people complain about it when actually mentioning the ridiculous amount of explosions in the game and thinking the issue lies with flak jacket

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

If it irritates you then you should not be on forums, forums are full of complaints.

Level 2

in reply to college101

To get something changed on cod, you need a ton of player to complaint about. Just like QS that is gonna be out of Ghosts. Not sure flak will be nerf or whatever, live with it and keep throwing lightning fast C4... You'll need 2 to kill me anyway with em

Level 4

in reply to ZombiesFan1

oh no do not bring QS into this. that is an entirely different subject. but let me elaborate.

bouncing betty is dodged by crouching(which is actually kinda funny lol)

claymore dolphin dive or just shoot it...emp whatever u prefer

rpgs/smaw sometime curves when shot idk why

c4 like semtex sticks so it actually has to be directed near the target

frag grenade needs time to cook.

crossbow needs to hit its target(not really that easy)

my point being, there is already a number of ways to avoid these explosives. flak jacket does not need to be as strong as it is now imo

Level 2

in reply to college101

If there was no FJ, people would be overly using explosives because of Scavenger.  QS shares a similarity with one explosive, and that's the C4 purely because neither is realistic and both question balance for many.  I think the 'saving grace' for dodging Bouncing Betties is too long as anyone who doesn't have abnormally slow reaction times will dodge them.

Level 31

Studios