the game is broke all you people saying its fine are the ones who run full teams all the time

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: the game is broke all you people saying its fine are the ones who run full teams all the time

in reply to si6989

I have to agree with you. It does appear the worse your connection the more help you get with this lag compensation crap (I personal think it's some form of weird Voodoo magic).

My Daughter has sky broad band of 12MB, Her husband can be playing BO2 on the PS3, she can be on the laptop and my two grand sons can be playing BO2 on there Xbox using wifi in the same house using the same connection and they seem to get really good games and win gun battles.

Where as I've got a wired connection, have 70+MB on average, am the only one using the net and my game play looks like I'm a second at least behind others. My oldest grandson WILL NOT play BO2 at my house as it says it destroys his KD and he feels gimped (his words not mine).

You wont change my mind BO2 is broke at the core but no one will admit that.

Level 2

Re: the game is broke all you people saying its fine are the ones who run full teams all the time

in reply to Dayhan

dayhan you are 100% right if you have a good internet speed you get the punishment for paying not to lag ... the game is broke

Level 2

in reply to si6989

Your speed is irrelevant. The game uses less than 1MB of bandwidth to run, maybe a smidge more if you are hosting. I had a 10mb line that clocked in at 7. I now have a 50mb line that clocks in at about 35mb. CoD plays the same on both. Why? They are both stable, and nothing else is using them whilst I game.

The stability of your line counts for more than speed, and ping to host counts for more than anything else. To address something else, to whit: "that's why I can stick MW3 into my Xbox and come in the top 3 nearly every game. Obviously I'm only good as selective FPS." Lag Comp is present in MW3 in precisely the same form it is in this game. Guess what, it was also in BO1, MW2, every online CoD you could think of and games before that. In fact, if you play a game online PERIOD, lag comp is there, in the background, making sure your game runs just fine.

Its a fixed set of values. A 50ms ping discrepancy between two players doesn't change no matter what game they are playing, ergo the value lag comp has assigned to smooth it over doesn't change as it doesn't NEED to. Lag Comp is not to blame for ANY connectivity issues whatsoever. That would be matchmaking. Doubled initial ping search range, and no matter what you set your preference to, someone searching on 'Any' could be thrown into your lobby, pull host and shaft you all. The feeling of being behind is purely down to poor ping to host.

Level 31

in reply to si6989

Not exactly true, I have cable ,my ping is 25ms to anywhere within 500 miles. my dl is 15 my ul is 2(which is more than the game needs). I seldom ever get lag; but then again I don't use an isp given router either and I am Ethernet wired in,

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to si6989

Or......... you suck.p  I have 100 down 50 up, and My K/D's been above a three since the day it came out.  The lowest it ever got was a 3.0.  The highest, 4.2.  I don't even use a hard wired connection.  If you think you are better off with bad connection, you're either high, fishing for attention, or just REALLY REALLY bad.

Level 5

in reply to Rogue_Convict

Yep I'm crap, that's why I can stick MW3 into my Xbox and come in the top 3 nearly every game. Obviously I'm only good as selective FPS.

Level 2

Rogue_Convict wrote:

Or......... you suck.p  I have 100 down 50 up, and My K/D's been above a three since the day it came out.  The lowest it ever got was a 3.0.  The highest, 4.2.  I don't even use a hard wired connection.  If you think you are better off with bad connection, you're either high, fishing for attention, or just REALLY REALLY bad.

Rogue_Convict wrote:

I don't even use a hard wired connection.

Yap,  Wireless with very bad packets losses. Naturally you are not updating your position to the server. This is where others are having very difficultly shooting you when you are teleporting about in their view in real time but in theater view, your movement is smooth because you are the winner. Hence, it only render from your view.

When you have packet loss, others are just seeing you from the lag compensation (rendering) where you are rendered to others. It is not your actual position, that's why they die faster and sometimes they are not aiming correctly in your view. In most cases you already see them before they see you.

So what if you are using 100 down/ 50 up. Your wireless is helping you.

Level 4

typical fan boy !  go defend your country insted of a company p*ick

Level 2

in reply to si6989

The only thing that really needs to be addressed here, is this.....These are the same damn problems we had four games ago....why isn't it better??? why is changing the ADS and reload times of a stupid sniper top priority when the game is most definitely a hack job at best....quickscoping is not the top priority....quality of game play should be and its NO different than the last 3 fucking versions.....Now we all are only able to use the same 3 guns because of /balancing/ and pray to alah that we get a group that understands the very simple mechanics of spawning enough to win a game or two in a row....Sniping is broke, cheaters never get punished, maps are too small for anything but CQB, perks are water flavored, but HEY we have camos!!!!!!

Thank you for bending to the whiners and using all the resources to make QS the big fix because a few studs on youtube were REALLY good at it.........now all I can use it whatever SMG best fits the random long line of your so well planned roundy round maps....

Level 1

in reply to si6989

Congrats.  There's a ton of people that are good at MW3 and suck at BOII.  You can't blame connection.  All my friends have 3+ K/D's, all of us have 100+ mb/s download.  Can't say people do good cause of bad connection.  Pretty sure this is connection.

Level 5

Studios