your opinions on the most inconsistent guns in the game....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

your opinions on the most inconsistent guns in the game....

what gun(s) just don't seem to do what you expect them to do, or make you feel that you can't rely on them in a pinch?

For me there are 2 -

The XPR-50 - I have never come across a semi-auto sniper that I didn't like until now.  It's the only gun that I'll put my sights bang on someone, pull the trigger and be expecting them not to die.  I've put 4 shots into people and they lived to tell the tale and mug me off by splatting my guts with a Five Seven. There is no other gun in the game that I sweat as much while using...

The R870 - This guns performance for me goes from shooting a spray of death to a spray of nerf darts.  One minute I'll be taking guys out from yards away and the next I'll get multiple hitmarkers from slapping distance.  It's the very definition for me of a love/hate gun.  Sometimes I'm loving it and others I hate it like it came round to my house at christmas and pissed on my kid....

Level 29
23 REPLIES

Re: your opinions on the most inconsistent guns in the game....

in reply to WKMMS

KSG: i shot you point blank, in the back, while you where standing still, while i was ADS, but i didnt hit you. other times i'll swing agound, from the hip and headshot you.

i got used to it. golded it. next gun pls.

also, any rifle using an ACOG. its like its off or something. like someone banged into it and the reticle is aiming off center now.

Level 18

This has been my experience with the KSG as well.

Level 1

The KSG has a 0.2 second penalty when you ADS like the Sniper rifles had in BO. So when you very first get your sights up the slug can go anywhere in the Hip spread.

Level 9

in reply to bosskoms

Try the KSG suppressed. It's pretty good. Makes no noise!

Level 6

in reply to X_MISSILE_X

Haven't tried the KSG yet - not looking forward to it now

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

It may not fall under the gun catagory but I must say the most frustrating weapon in the game for me is the RPG. I can't believe how small of an area the killzone is from the explosion. I will shoot and hit like 5 feet behind someone and I usually don't get hit markers. I really hate using it and I am only using it to get gold camo so I can get diamond launchers. The last one I need is to get a triple kill with it which is damn near impossible! I have to find people that are all 3 on top of each other or get lucky when 3 people run next to a car or something. It's really stupid!

Level 6

in reply to NJC223121

Great for taking out stealth helicoptors in 1 shot.  Useless against a guy with flak jaket even if you hit him twice - go figure

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Yeah I have the same problem! Apparently if you are wearing a flak jacket you can get hit in the face twice with a rocket propelled grenade and not die.

Also another thing I've noticed is that even though you can get the stealth chopper down in one shot with it, I was lucky enough to hit a dragonfire with one (and I mean direct impact)  and instead of blowing it out of the sky, it quickly turned on me and killed me. I mean come on! If I was that badass to hit a dragonfire with an RPG why wouldn't it have just died!?

Level 6

in reply to WKMMS

Not a gun but under the primary weapon catagory, the Assault shield. So many times i've had people shoot straight through it and kill me, the melee attack sucks too.

Level 4

Studios