+1 stat for good sportsmanship

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: +1 stat for good sportsmanship

in reply to Ghamorra

So... Like a COD "Like" button for players? I would support that, provided there was no way to "boost" it. You would also have to make sure tat there is no "Dislike" button,because then it would promote even more negativity.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to cynicaldriver

You can only +1 somebody once and those who are on your friend's list cannot +1 you

Level 75

in reply to cynicaldriver

lol @ people boosting "likes"

Had a match last night, this dude went like 27-6 in a TDM.  He started talking smack at the end, not over doing it, but just pointing to his score.  I told him he played a good match and he immediately quit. 

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

I've seen this also. Not sure why that is, from a psychological standpoint. Narcissists would be eating it up, because of their inability to empathize with others and it being "all about them" in their little world of their mind. So busy patting themselves on the back they pretty much ignore all else -- so narcissism must not be it exactly.

Perhaps it's as simple as "they feel guilty" for smack talking in front of someone being genuinely "likable" and showing good sportsmanship.

Level 6

in reply to Highwayman0226

I always amazed the phenomena that is everyone screaming out their Ks on game chat at the end of a match. Happens ALL THE TIME! There's often times that I'd like to get a word in about the next game but can't because 6 or 7 people are screaming overs each other for attention.

Level 20

in reply to Ghamorra

I was on my own last night against 5 with about 4 mins left on the clock.  Tried to battle away but the 4 mins felt like a hour, just kept gettng killed..  got to laugh and carry on

Level 1

in reply to Ghamorra

I completely support this suggestion.  It would be such a small thing to add to the game (you can already "like" peoples' emblems and theater files) which would require next to no bandwidth, but would go a long way towards fostering good sportsmanship in the games. 

In fact, further suggestion: quitting a game in progress (only after you've spawned in at least once) would automatically subtract 1 from your "likes", even taking the ranking down to negative numbers when necessary.  This would not apply to disconnects/dashboards...they would still fall under the current suspension system.

Level 26

in reply to Harv72

Sounds good, I like it

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I agree completely with this!

Of course, they need to restrict it to one vote per PS3 (per 360, per PC), but the ability to show a player card for "Prestigious Sportsmanship" would carry more weight with me personally than anything else an opponent would care to display.

As you have stated, the only place they should be able to receive this vote is after the match.

Level 6

in reply to IronShadow

I like the idea of having a Title

Level 75

Studios