Re: +1 stat for good sportsmanship

in reply to Ghamorra

Sounds good G'

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

that is a great idea. One thing i hate more than a sore looser is a DB winner. I was playing a 4v4 league match once and it was CTF and there was a 4 person clan vs me and 3 random's well the clan did the typical spawn trap and cap strategy and wouldn't you know it before the first round even ended all 3 of my team mates quit the game well me being the type that doesn't like to quit games stayed and played 4v1 and while i did not win the match due to the fact that i could barely get away form my spawn i still stayed and put a fight anyway i ended the match with the highest K/D in the game and was proud of my self for making it through the game alone but as soon as the match ended i got bombarded with the "you suck bro!" and "we kicked your a**!" and lots more insults that were not called for as it does not take a lot of skill to be a DB after going 4v1 in a game where my looser teammates can not be replaced upon leaving. I just quietly waited to return to the lobby reported them all for their language and their emblems as of course they were the typical childish nudity emblems and then proceeded to leave the lobby with out as much as acknowledging them.

Level 6

in reply to vdubpdx1982

There's a lot of arrogance in this game

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

only prob then tho would be that  people would prob "boost for likes"

the community is already plagued by booster, it would just be another way for them cheat..

what about going the other way, and everytime people rage quit, it auto increases a counter on their emblem showing how many games they have backed out of and their lack of honour?

Level 16

in reply to sdredger

That's why I wouldn't allow more than one +1 per person. So if you have a friend you can't +1 them and if you find a random person you can't have them +1 you more than one time. Also I've been thinking about only being able to issue six +1's a week or something. That way you don't those who just spam them, we know how the community likes to spam

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

You would have to limit each console though as boosters would just create loads of dummie accounts to issue likes to each other. However I do think this is one of the best ideas I have heard in a very long time! it's nearly as good as the implamentation of the mute all function.

Level 9

in reply to crosby85

Creating a dummy account means you have to create a new email, find a new user name, and go through all that. It's a lot of effort

A better solution (maybe) might be allowing the ability to +1 after prestige for the first time. That takes a ton of effort and if someone is willing to go through all that to boost +1's then go for it

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

That could work but the only problem issuing a limit is that I have come across many players that I believe would deserve a +1, however if I had issued it in a previous game I would not be able to issue it again. Maybe limit the amount of times one account can +1 another to once. This way people who deserve getting a reward for sportsmanship would get it.

Level 9

in reply to crosby85

I think I have that in an above reply somewhere

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Good post.

I was on last night 6 v 6 on Domination. Everyone except me left in first half. Started 2nd half on my own. Match ended about a min or so into 2nd half. I killed someone then was immediately killed straight after them, then game ended. Don't think it was cos of score so don't know why it ended. I wanted to see how well I would do on my own just for a laugh, haha.

Level 7

Studios