A solution to Bullshitscoping

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

in reply to SandSeven

750 milliseconds is quite a bit of time. about 3/4 of a second if im not mistaken. I was barely lagging at all. If you watch the killcam closely, I was standing about where I was on my screen as I was on the killcam. That is just class A bs because of how easy it is to quickscope. 99% of people will agree I should've won that gunfight.

Level 7

in reply to DaPhillyCheeze

i saw your clip many times. yes you should have won, and most likely would have won if their were dedicated servers like most other SHOOTERS I've had that happen many time. I'll have the draw on a guy and shoot multiple times only to have one shot hit me. I edited the video and watched over and over. And every time i come to the conclusion that I should have won. In my particular case I had the guys back toward me and i had quite a few X marks (hardcore) which is nearly impossible due to the fact the health is so low , 1-3 bullets all u need. So after my 4th X at near point blank range with my SWAT 556 with select fire active. he turns and 1 shot me.

Level 7

in reply to anigavtew

it truly is a sad state of affairs. your game play depends on other internet quality.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to DaPhillyCheeze

DaPhillyCheeze wrote:

750 milliseconds is quite a bit of time. about 3/4 of a second if im not mistaken. I was barely lagging at all. If you watch the killcam closely, I was standing about where I was on my screen as I was on the killcam. That is just class A bs because of how easy it is to quickscope. 99% of people will agree I should've won that gunfight.

From your perspective I agree you should have won that gunfight; however, it's the host's perspective that matters. If he was using any AR or SMG, the results would have been the same. The OHK weapons make it easier to see connection issues. This means every time you're behind a guy quickscoping, you remember every kill. Selective memory also plays a part towards the negative views of quickscoping. Most people remember the 2 deaths in a match, but are quick to forget the 5 kills against the same guy.

Level 11

in reply to Ghamorra

Black Ops 1 got sniping right.

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

I just think it's hilarous that OHK weapons with range can ADS and kill you before you can even get a shot off. I don't know if this would work with QS because they don't actually ADS so they don't have flinch or recoil.

Level 25

in reply to HaitianCreation

HaitianCreation wrote:

I just think it's hilarous that OHK weapons with range can ADS and kill you before you can even get a shot off. I don't know if this would work with QS because they don't actually ADS so they don't have flinch or recoil.

You still do have to ADS while QS, but does the flinch effect the action of ADS'ing or just the part after being ADS'ed. That's a great question, but I believe it does effect it. It's why I can't QS without toughness.

I believe instead of all these fantastical ideas for change, a simple perk nerf would fix the problem the original poster is talking about. I don't see a need to change anything myself though.

Oh and if you can't get a shot off in .42 seconds plus the reaction time to see you and center the screen, you're slow or you're behind on the connection. Even .05 seconds is a very noticable difference in this game. I learned that we perceive time much faster than I had previously thought after feeling the .05 second difference in the ADS time of the DSR vs Ballista. So, when you're talking about half a second that you can't get a shot off, something else is going on.

Level 11

in reply to SandSeven

I hipfired in 2/3 vids I posted yesterday. I don't think it effects it, I think if you ADS'ed fully while you were getting shot at your shot would go crazy but because most QS'ers don't ADS, this doesn't happen. The reason you don't see a need to change anything is because you're on the other end of it, not the end of the person who was on you first, on target, yet still gets killed.

Level 25

in reply to HaitianCreation

I've been on both ends, and I used to share your opinion. However, after probably 4 or 5 days of gameplay with the DSR and Ballista, my view has changed. You can't really understand anything unless you can see the perspective from both sides.

Level 11

in reply to SandSeven

I've seen the perspective, did you watch those videos I posted yesterday, there's no chance that in a gunfight I should be able to hipfire headshot you with a DSR before you get a shot off. In the second video my screen is completely red yet I can hipfire and get a OHK.

I obviously haven't spent as much time on it as you but I can tell you I've gotten some bull shit quick and no scopes.

Level 25

Studios