A theory on the whole Hells Bells easter egg

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

A theory on the whole Hells Bells easter egg

I haven't tried this but it just a theory. Well every time you kill Brutus you hear a bell similar to the church bell in Tranzit. Well what does one do in a church? They repent for all the sins they have committed. Well in Mob of the Dead Brutus does also say shit like "Think of your sins" etc. Well when each character goes down each character enters into a monologue that I could take as them repenting for the things they have done. So what I am suggesting is have a character get downed by Brutus and once that character starts monologuing then the other characters kill Brutus. Then do this with the other 3 characters. That way they have all repented for their sins. Then my guess is that this might just get rid of Brutus for the rest of the game. Like I said just a theory.

Level 12
14 REPLIES

Re: A theory on the whole Hells Bells easter egg

in reply to zombiehunter92

To me, knocking the hat off Rufus sounds absolutely nothing like the TZit church bell... Not even close...

Level 24

in reply to ydajdimstr

I never thought they sounded the same either.  Like you said, not even close.

Level 13

Just finished reading your post, and this is my two cents... No EE has ever required that anyone be downed anywhere to complete anything... I don't believe 3arch would ever ask anyone to die to accomplish anything...

Level 24

in reply to ydajdimstr

Can't edit my post, sorry... Doing so would go against the very fiber of the game, survival mode...

Level 24

in reply to ydajdimstr

Not true...the maxis easter egg on die rise requires russman to be downed and then revived by the kruass refibrillator. At least that's what I have seen on the NGT video.

Level 12

Yeah but he turned out to be wrong about that step. All you need to do is shoot the knives anywhere in the room. It is smartest to shoot at the buddah though so you can see the knives.

Level 5

in reply to Assassinofhaloc

Ah i see well still I don't think it is a too far fetched idea for a step in an easter egg be to down oneself.

Level 12

Well you may be right, but I've been a big player since Nacht Der Untoten so I definitely have the experience to say they probably wouldn't stoop so low... It wouldn't make sense...

Level 24

in reply to ydajdimstr

I mean in the next dlc map pack they may bring back Who's Who and maybe you can only see and do certain things while in the Who's Who state (much like being able to see the portals in Afterlife in Mob of the Dead) that would pertain to the easter egg. And I wouldn't consider downing yourself as stooping so low. I see the easter egg as participating in part of a story. And in some stories characters die (much like the end to Mob of the Dead) and some get reincarnated (as suggested in the Die Rise intro). Idk I feel like Black Ops 2 has much more of an emphasis on death than in Black Ops. Tranzit introduces Tombstone, Die Rise introduces Who's Who, and Mob of the Dead introduces Afterlife mode. All these new concepts all have to do with what happens once you are downed. It only makes sense to incorporate them into an easter egg.

Level 12

Studios