Accurate Zombies "Ranking System" Post (Kills to Downs Debunked Too)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Accurate Zombies "Ranking System" Post (Kills to Downs Debunked Too)

in reply to boybad3

boybad wrote:

Nice read but i have to disagree, you didn't debunk anything...

Incorrect, and this is why:
In my title post, I included a section titled "Afore-mentioned Situation". In it, I relayed an event in which I entered multiple games and gained neither kills nor downs (bar the last one (six kills, no downs), which would increase the kill to death ratio, nullifying a "but your ratio dropped" comment), yet following this, my level dropped from four (knife/machete) to three, the skull. As none of my stats changed except for kills increasing, my level, as dictated by the incorrect kills to downs idea, would not change, if anything, it would only be possible to increase, not drop as it did. This proves that the kills to down system is incorrect and has been debunked. I believe I posted what I will below once before in the comments, however, in case extra reassurance is required:
Before the events of the "Afore-mentioned Situation" section:
(note: example stats used)
Kills: 10,000
Downs: 80

Level: Four.

The result of dividing kills by downs here is 125, which is the way of achieving the kills to downs ratio.

Following the "Afore-mentioned Situation" section:
Kills: 10,006
Downs: 80

Level: Three.

The result of dividing kills by downs here is 125.075. Note how this number is a higher ratio, yet my level decreases. If it was a kills to downs system, then it would be impossible for the level to decrease.

I am aware you are not necessarily stating the kills to downs system is correct, but you did claim that I didn't debunk anything, even though, in the title post, I did.

Note to anyone reading the title post: I am aware I used the word "quote" instead of "quota" in the "Update" section. I have been rendered unable to edit the post, however, and thus the accidental misuse of the word will remain there.

Level 4

in reply to DavetheDisturbing

You are WRONG! end of story!

Im a long game player, i dont care for rank and play with anyone who is willing to play for leaderbord, that is all.

You must really suck at this game if you so obsessed about this RANK that doesn't justify anything but how long you play the game. The forum is dead, and most posters had enough of this subject. All stats effect your rank, but i can assure you that with a new account you can get this top rank in one game if you have 20k kills and below 100 downs, explain that...

Also explain this, 20k kills and below 100 downs quit as many times as you want,... top rank.

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

In all reality, it's probably a combination of multiple things.  Some things are weighted differently than others, and their weights change as the player progresses. This explains why those glitching losers doing the round skip on tranzit got shorties on one game, why someone with 300 k/d don't have shotties, and why dropping out of numerous games will derank you.  If you take out the glitch shotties out there, then you really have a good representation of how good a player is.

Level 6

in reply to Pessysquad

All stats effect your rank

Quitting games doesn't effect anything unless you change stats while doing it (collect a down), you can have 1000 games getting only 20 kills per game avoiding downs and score your top rank.

Yet again this such called RANK doesnt mean $hit to a good player, it doesn't represent anything, example.....

2 top rank players in the same lobby

player1. 20k kills.

player2. 1million kills.

Please ouuu please tell me how this rank can justify which player is better?

Level 26

in reply to boybad3

see my post, playing more low round games (quitting) will require you to have a higher KD ratio to rank up... you will rank up quickest if you do it all in one game... and yes i agree ranks are pointless but this puzzle is now solved so i will spread the word!

Level 1

in reply to MikeOMG

boybad you can have 1000 games getting only 20 kills per game avoiding downs and score your top rank.

Quitting games can work in your favor just like it can work against it, depending on what stats you are collecting before you quit, kills or downs?

Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to boybad3

Oh you're exactly right, Boybad.  I am a skull and I will destroy 90% of shottgunners...  My stats are f-ed because this is the game I learned to play zombies.

THere is is no way to tell which player is better in your scenario- 20k shottie vs 1mil shottie, this is because there is nothing past shotties.  Without glitching a true shottie will massacre a true bone or true skull, ( I'm not talking about the shottie player that created a new account and has a damn bone level)  this is what the ranking system is for.  Remember;: we have taken this game to almost a level of obsession, we have gone far past what the ranking system was intended for, hence such high kill scenarios are not really the norm, nor statistically accurate in public forums.

Level 6

in reply to Pessysquad

I couldn't agree more, BO1 was simple by displaying your highest round for given map and nobody cared how many downs you get during the game as long as you had the patience to go the distance and getting to high rounds was popular because that is what we saw on the leaderbord, now BO2 and this rank just made players obsessed about collecting downs and therefore most have desire to quit as soon as they go down.

CHANGE IT BACK!

Level 26

in reply to DavetheDisturbing

Us continuing the debate about the ranking system while there is a break between blop2 and the next iteration is all that 3arc wants. Which is not a bad thing.

This debate can go on forever and there is no 100% conclusive that I have seen so far yet. We can just infer for now and let the debate continue.

Dave you have put some good evidence together to dispel that it is probably not a k/d thing. Maybe that is the angle we should tackle. Work out what is almost certainly not a big factor of the ranking system calculation.

Level 8

in reply to maxslick

Here's a factor, confusing and makes us question 3arc "why did you not make it like multiplayer, a simple prestige system, instead of making it so the worst players in the world get top rank whilst the best don't get nothing". We shouldn't have to work our butts over the system, as it should be simple, but 3arc have to do something to trash up zombies.

Level 6

Studios