Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

It's one thing to disagree with a element of the game, it's something completely different to actually threaten developers. Anyone who's been around for a while on these boards will no just how stupid some of the members act. I remember back when Black Ops II first launched how insane these boards got with little kids demanding class action lawsuits, threats, and generalized insults calling the developers every asterisk laden word in book.

There have been many theads addressing this, however they really don't mean much. Most of the community who consistently vist this forum are among the mature crowd. Where I see the most immaurity is within the 1 posters who come to board, unleash a long winded, incoherent rant then leave to never come back.

I call upon all the forum members (including myself) to start taking more care with their posts, and continue to be a good leaders. It can be hard sometimes, but it's the forum vets responsibility lead by example.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/24/activision-community-manager-stop-threatening-game-developers

Level 75
155 REPLIES

Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

in reply to Ghamorra

You're right 100% but how do you suppose forum vets lead by example? Can you give some tips and/or examples?

Level 40

Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Not getting into petty deconstructive arguments. This forum is meant for debates and constructive criticism, not to call members dipshits and bash the game relentlessly.

So if you want to be a good forumite structure you thoughts in a manner that people can maturely converse over

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

The key word in the OP's post  - KIDS

Level 18

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Not getting into petty deconstructive arguments.

LOL. yeah. THAT will happen.

Level 14

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

You're right 100% but how do you suppose forum vets lead by example? Can you give some tips and/or examples?

Presentation above all else. It's okay to have opinions that go against the grain, but content that is formatted or worded incorrectly can create a lot of tension and create a bad example.

There's a difference between:

Treyarch breaks the game after every patch. My setup is perfect.

and

In my experience, I've not seen any improvement. There might be for others, but I'm personally not seeing it. This is what my setup looks like and here's what I do.

The first statement allows for more short quips to be posted. The latter creates constructive discussion and exploration.

There shouldn't have to be anyone giving out tips or suggestions about how to act in a forum.......or anywhere else. It's common sense.

Level 19

in reply to mdm123456789

mdm123456789 wrote:

There shouldn't have to be anyone giving out tips or suggestions about how to act in a forum.......or anywhere else. It's common sense.

Tell that to all the one-posters that pop up. They're usually the worst of the bunch. Forum vets don't usually have this problem.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I had to laugh, it was only the other day a poster was inquiring about taking legal action against the developers.  The trouble is, people take things far too seriously, forgetting it is after all.... A game.

Sadly we also live in the age of the troll, an age where those who have nothing to say or offer of any use, desperately seek notoriety through the only thing they can do.... Destroy what others love and enjoy

Level 5

in reply to waxon81

I do believe I commented on that guys reply. In those instances I'm in total disbelief that someone would get so upset about something so small.

Level 75

Studios