Another Friday Discussion - Going 2-21... what the hell?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Another Friday Discussion - Going 2-21... what the hell?

Yesterday I had one of those games.

I was playing in a party, and I could not do anything to save my life.

The funny thing was, the games before I was doing ok, or much better than ok. And the guys I was playing with (G, I/E, H/S, Lady) were doing good (accept for poor Lady who was playing across the pond)

It made me think about the lopsidedness of the game (which yes has been discussed before), but more importantly about this:

"When I do well, I do not think much of it, because I was likely on the good side of the fence while the others on the other enemy were screaming about how THEY could do nothing"

Does anyone ever think about this as well? Some people do consistently well, and some do consistently "meh"

But what about when you go positive every game, then all of the sudden you have a game where you go seriously negative (like 2-21 in my case). It is a wake up call for me that when I do well... I may not be

Interesting...

Have a great weekend everyone.

Actually have a great week... I am going to Mexico on vacation! (been with the same woman for 25 years this year, and she has not thrown me out yet!)

Activision Ambassador
10 REPLIES

Re: Another Friday Discussion - Going 2-21... what the hell?

As I said last night, this game will give me a few great games a night.

Like I will go mega positive and then I will get the games where I will be just like you.

Last night I had few ok games when we partied up, then few absolutely terrible games.

There was one on raid where i went 6-22 or something like that. With 9 caps but 0 defends. I would cap, get killed lol. I was terrible.

But I am getting like you now, when I do well I don't think much of it. I think to all the games where I was on the receiving end of it to lol.

P.S Have a great vacation, also, it is around the 30 year mark when they throw you out lmao

Level 23

in reply to ladylucina1

sweet! then only 5 more years to go?

Activision Ambassador

When the missus turns to me and says " awww, we are together x amount of years ", I always reply saying " I know, I would have got less for murder "

It doesn't go down to well. I would not encourage you to try this at home lol

Level 23

It's probably the holiday excitement that kept you of focus...

Any ways enjoy mexico and happy aniversary .... you just served your first life sentence

Level 3

in reply to Swanification1

lol thanks

Activision Ambassador

Congrats on your anniversary!  Your pondering is one of the reasons why I don't brag when I destroy the opponent.  Odds are at least some of them were on the wrong side of lag.  Maybe not the whole team but some for sure.  It's also one of the reasons that I don't turn off my mic mute so that the poor souls on my team that can't seem to kill anything don't have to hear my frustrations from getting shot in the back too much (hazard of playing solo).  While skill does play a part, connection can really mess you up.  When I'm running with my clan I see this happen a lot.  Some of us will have really good games and others get screwed by the connection.  Then a game or two later it flips.  The good news for us is that most of us are really good players and can compensate for the guys that are getting screwed over.  But make no mistake about it, connection will make people look really bad from time to time.  When it's screwing me over, I try to concentrate on the objectives more than usual by jumping on flags more, etc.  I may not be able to get a kill but I can still help win the match.  Later when the lag swings back in my favor I'll run cover fire for somebody else whose now suffering.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

yeah I try not to brag... but sometimes when the enemy is bitching about hacks and cheats, I may let out a few choice words.

Activision Ambassador

Between patch 1.08 and 1.09 I can count on one hand how many matches I went negative.  Oddly enough I didn't have one single host migration either.  Today, after downloading patch 1.09 I have either gone negative or just scrapped a 1.00 or very slightly above.  Just had four matches on the bounce with a host migration too.  These patches, it's never about what the notes tell you, it's always what they dont tell you that they have changed that has the biggest impact.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

When a patch is released is splits up the online players and matchmaking becomes more difficult until everyone online has updated to the new settings. The notes include all changes.

Level 7

Studios