BAD NEWS: Looks like we won't get Zombies in 2014

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

BAD NEWS: Looks like we won't get Zombies in 2014

Maybe some of you have heard the rumors the past few months of Sledgehammer Games making the next CoD, and that instead of the 2-year cycle of Treyarch and Infinity Ward, it's now going to be a 3-year cycle with Sledgehammer Games included. Well, apparently, it looks like those rumors were true:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01/12/new-job-listing-suggests-shgamess-working-on-the-next-call-of...

Sledgehammer is looking for job members for the next Call of Duty. So, it looks like Treyarch won't get their title until 2015....

However, it might not be right after all. As you know, Sledgehammer Games HELPED Infinity Ward with MW3, sooooo, this might be the case this time, too? Only that this time, it's Treyarch and not IW? Who knows?

Anyone have any thoughts around this? Or knows anything more?

Level 3
21 REPLIES

Re: BAD NEWS: Looks like we won't get Zombies in 2014

in reply to BurningFighter

This is GOOD! Another year for Treyarch to work on their COD which means more time to work on the next Zombies mode and map!

Level 19

in reply to DarkMega1

Well, yeah, that's all true, but... I'm not a patient person, and... I CAN'T WAIT 1 AND A HALF YEAR FOR ZOMBIES!

Level 3

Well sucks for you but it's good for 85% of the fans who were disappointed for BO2 Zombies (including me!).

Level 5

I know it sucks we have to wait another year for a new zombies map but in the mean time we have time to relax from zombies which isn't a bad idea. If you can try playing some custom zombies on WAW think of the extra year if it's true as a great opportunity for Treyarch to see what they can do with the next gen systems !

Level 19

I don't think Sledgehammer alone have a big enough division to handle a next gen CoD title on their own, so I would assume they are either helping Treyarch as a joint production, or as previously rumored, they are working on a CoD title for a different platform.

Either way, I don't think the 3 year cycle thing is out of the question, and it could be good for the series (esp zombies), but I still expect to see zombies on Nov unless confirmed otherwise.

Also, just to note... as good as CharlieINTEL is at getting leaks, they are heavily outweighed by the amount of times he/they have got it wrong.

Take it with a pinch of salt until confirmed. Anyway... why would they be looking for someone for the next CoD title this late into development!? The game is due in 10 month time and would have been in Development for around 13 month already.

Maybe they mean the next CoD AFTER Treyarch's.

Level 53

Don't know how to take this.

The obvious reaction is minor disappointment. Of course I do want Zombies to redeem itself as soon as possible, so that part of me wants Treyarch's title to come this year.

However, another part of me wants Treyarch's title to come next year for a bunch of reasons. Top most being that a longer development time means more time to make a solid game. Next being that another year into this new generation will allow them to take greater advantage of the new generation. Which they can't exactly do if the vast majority is still on the previous generation. I believe 3 years is long enough to accept that next gen versions will be better in every way than their previous gen ports.(Might there still be one for CoD in 2015)

On the other hand, CoD has grown so incredibly stagnant over these last few years. Perhaps a completely new title will be what the franchise needs.

Level 34

There are ups and downs to this.

Let's start with the downs,

1.Long time to wait.

2. With that time they might actually pull another tranzit or nuketown.

Now the ups,

1. Long time development can make you wonder what they'll do.

2. Time is good use to a SUPER E.E. like Moon's.

3. They can actually make a good story.

4. Better quality

Level 6
Highlighted

bugger waiting untill 2015, i want the new zombies yesterday
Level 10

If it wasn't for the fact BO2 zombies left such a sour taste I would hate this news, but I would much rather wait than get the same mistakes repeated. I want to see the zombies extravaganza back to its legendry ways

Level 15

Studios