Black Ops 2 PS3 Texture Pack Size Revealed

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Black Ops 2 PS3 Texture Pack Size Revealed

The PS3 version of Black Ops 2 features an optional texture pack to optimize the game on the system. It’s now been revealed by TGH that the texture pack will set you back 1.8 GB in HHD space, if you choose to install it. It’s worth noting that Black Ops 2 is the first Call of Duty game to allow a texture pack on the platform.

Level 2
13 REPLIES

Re: Black Ops 2 PS3 Texture Pack Size Revealed

in reply to xxdeathdoctorxx

Nice. This is good news, I didn't knew about this. Hopefully the game will run a bit better and with less stress on the blu-ray disc. And 1.8GB is nothing really.

Level 4

in reply to UnRest

yeah they finally listen to PS3 owners about game install for once also if you didnt know it also supports youtube live stream from the system it self

Level 2

A little bit outta' my league here haha.
But what does this mean exactly? For example, will it result in less reading time to get from menu to menu?

Level 2

in reply to mysterymethod

no it will stop it from making that loud noise that puts pressure on blue ray drive

Level 2

Almost 2gb? Did u forget it takes bout an hour to download the dlc packs? And that around .5gb? I will not b installing the first night. Lol cant wait that long. Hope its not required.

Level 4

in reply to zombiekillah89

You don't have to install? Also, the download time depends on your internet speed, my friend can download 10GB in around 40 minutes.

Level 8

in reply to Kingfury1

This information will install from the disc correct?  If so, it should take no time at all. 

Level 1

in reply to zombiekillah89

I've gotten the dlc and it doesn't take that much space or time but I cant find where to put the coin code Smiley Sad

Level 1

Kids this info is coming right from your local Blu-Ray disk drive from the Black Ops 2 disk to the hard drive - its not being downloaded from the internet.

It might take a few minutes but if you want your Blu-Ray drive to last longer take the time - Pro-Tip.

Level 24

Studios