Camping vs. Rushing? NO! The right play...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Camping vs. Rushing? NO!  The right play...

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

Yeah, campers win the other 50%. I agree that there are skilled campers. I even said what the skilled part in each was. But, mind you, I am kind of being narrow minded but then again I'm not. I've seen many campers and they do the same thing. I've seen them from bad to very good. I'm expressing from a rusher's perspective since I mainly rush. I've even tried camping and have did pretty good but didn't get the same results. I simply compared the two. There are MANY unskilled rushers. Probably more than campers but that's because when you rush, you just run and attempt to shoot at whatever moves. When you camp, all you have to do is crouch/stand/prone and ADS and shoot at whatever runs through your sights. This is why I say rushing takes more skill to be a good rusher/player as camping takes less.

Level 14

Re: Camping vs. Rushing? NO! The right play...

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

MrZombieClowns wrote:

Why is it that those who only rush:

complain the most?

I've always wondered as to why as well!

They rusher is the one style that complains the most! Why?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Simple:

Because when people are hunting for engagements trying to be faster and showing more agility of their opponents, they cannot stand being shot by someone who is not moving as much... especially when it is they who forgot to check a corner, nade a car, or look left an right.  Some people (not saying just rushers) expect that they are going to be able to flank or out man-oeuvre everyone they encounter, and it kills them that they ran by someone who was monitoring a choke point.

We should also be clear:

The Rushers Philosophy

Anyone who kills without having been running before they got that kill, is considered to be a camper.  The fact that they got to that position by: running, crawling, patrolling ADSed, doing a hand-stand... does not matter.  If the engagement did not take place out in the open with both parties running, the person who was not running was camping. Of course, it does not matter if the rusher won the fight.

That Camper's Philosophy

I am gonna sit here and shoot people as they run by me. My only complaint is: I always seem to get spawn trapped!

Like you have said many times, a good way to play is somewhere in between, keeping in mind what they enemy is doing and countering it.  Seems obvious, but some people just don't get it... and that is fine.

Activision Ambassador

I have a style similar to Ego but instead of reacting to what the enemies are doing, I force them to react to me. I rush when I feel I can outgun the enemies and I camp when the situation calls for it. Having 2-3 enemies going crazy and hunting me down means my team mates are outnumbering the enemies somewhere. To summarize my style, I say offense is the best defense specially in TDM.

Side note: Some of my most satisfying games I had are when I play teamed up with Ego.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Nice...

Activision Ambassador

Great thread, however I think a skilled player takes into account not only the other teams' tendencies, but also the tendencies of his/her own team - especially on smaller maps.  For example, I was playing solo this morning and wound up playing Nuketown with 5 people who decided they were going to sprint as fast as possible as soon as they spawned every time.  After I'd been shot in the back 3 times due to spawn flip and our team was down 30 - 12, I started hanging back in our spawn to prevent the flip and take out flankers.  We wound up winning the match 75 - 73.  Although I hate to make a generalization because there are so many variables - not the least of which is the map being played and the team's ability/willingness to communicate - but I think the best teams most often have a mix of players.

Level 1

in reply to sParkSnare

sParkSnare wrote:

Great thread, however I think a skilled player takes into account not only the other teams' tendencies, but also the tendencies of his/her own team

Very good point.  If you don't adjust your play to how your own team is playing, get ready to be shot in the back.  Those who complain about BOII spawns should think about this game dynamic a bit more. 

Level 40

in reply to sParkSnare

sParkSnare wrote:

...but I think the best teams most often have a mix of players.

Someone who gets it.  The mix can vary pending the game type, and what the enemy is doing.

Activision Ambassador

Someone referred me to this thread from a thread I have going on the XBox side.

I have to say, this is one of the best threads I've seen in a long, long time. And it nails exactly one of the things I said in my thread - long time players & forum members seem to be the most open-minded when it comes to different play styles, tactics, and strategies.

If only we could now get the young grasshoppas to understand the wisdom of the praying mantis. Or is it preying mantis?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

skill players adapt and dont limit themselfs to 1 or 2 styles.

Level 27

Studios