Change Hardcore

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Change Hardcore

in reply to phxs72

I sometimes do (press start), but for the most part, its a luxury I don't have.  And its not like I just throw down random hallways.  When I throw down a hallway, eight times out of ten, I get an enemy because I do it when I'm running in the direction that the enemy is coming from.  I find that when I do in fact get a teammate, its generally that they are the ones who spawned in the enemy territory.  Not their fault, but not mine either.  I've been through the same situation plenty of times and its just eh.

Level 1

in reply to Patback20

Do you think it'd be easier for 3arc to change their coding, or for you to change your play style?

Try c4, it gives you more time to reconsider.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

I know they can't just up and change their coding.  That was more of a suggestion for future games.  Even then I understand that making explosives and, as I'm learning, killstreaks not kill teammates would kill the function of hardcore, but so does creating a game mode, where it is possible to kill your teammates and then punishing those who do so accidentally.  Really I'd be quite fine with HC being like in MW3 where the damage ricocheted back to you.  Teammate doesn't die, and you can continue to play the same game.

Level 1

in reply to Patback20

I only play HC Dom so I understand what you're saying.  I don't use grenades for this very reason.  But I do use sentry guns and occasionally a team mate will get caught in cross fire.  It's frustrating if you get kicked for it, but it is also what hardcore is all about.  Start making changes like allowing explosives or score streaks not to harm team mates then you start to take away the essence of what hardcore is about.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Damn, I didn't even know about score streaks till I read your post.  But I do agree with you that making those things not kill teammates would kill HC, but when its something you have little to no control over.  I mean heck, the explosive radius of the grenades, coupled with the low life in HC makes it so that just being close enough to the grenade, without flak jacket, kills you instantly.  Honestly, I just wish they would have adopted the ricochet effect from MW3 instead.

Level 1

in reply to Patback20

lightning strike always gets me booted. hardcore is better but uve got to be quick on your toes. and i hate people that just chuck grenades basically noob toobing till the get kicked. either way shit game now

Level 3

in reply to boshua1987

That's what i like about hardcore, the quick on your toes factor.  And I do understand about people chucking grenades randomly; I have been both killed and killer from that, but it was a learning experience when I was doing it, as I had really just started on HC, so when it happens to me, I just figure its the same for others.

Level 1

in reply to boshua1987

I toss grenades and emp's quite often, but as a rule I push the start button first to look at the map and see where my teammates are.  For example when you sneak up on the building in Turbine which has the big gun in it, there's usually bad guys in there, to makes sure I push the start button, if none of my guys are in there, I let loose with the grenades.

Level 22

in reply to Patback20

I personally hate getting killed by team grenades when I am close to a high kill streak. I run grenades and c4 but I don't just throw a grenade without a UAV up. I think you could learn to be a little more careful. I especially hate the teammates willy nilly throwing EMPS all over the place destroying team sentry guns and then the same players wonder why we lost.

Level 4

Re: Re: Change Hardcore

in reply to Reload_54

Players that destroy equipment concuss and flash team mates is by far the biggest pain in the arse, because there's no penalty, don't get me started on care pakcage thievery.............

Level 3

Studios