Re: Debate: Do Campers Really Exist?

in reply to ZvErS

lol

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I say yes campers do exsist, but there are two kinds in my mind.

There is:

the one that will camp near the object or cover it to help the team win/fight to win.

second: the ones that camp in a coner of the map that can't help their team win because the object is at the other side of the map and they have gone 2-20.

I don't mind campers as long as they are helping their team, not just sitting in a coner doing nothing.

Level 14

in reply to Hells_Hawk

But how can they exist if you work as a team and have communication?

Level 40

Communication is the anti-camper tool because it takes the surprise advantage away from the camper. Since equipment can be spotted and destroyed easily, I think it's harder "camp" by any definition of the word. Instead, a better descriptor for a person camping would be paranoid because you're constantly checking all entrances and windows for enemies (if you're good at it).

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Exactly. This is the point I am making. People that hate campers are those without commnication. The one's that consider campers an easy kill are probably those with communication. I hate having to play with my team to ensure I get wins because working with a group of random players, there is no communication usually. I am trying to get communication on the forefront of these games.

Level 40

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

First, let's classify a camper as someone who will place themselves in a strategic position and wait for an extended period of time until a target enters his field of view. I think we can all agree this is a camper. I think we can also all agree that a camper is not someone who takes cover momentarily to kill an oncoming enemy.

Mr. BeastlyDude, I agree with your classification of a "Camper" but I also think that game mode should be included in your definition. Someone who does the above in a game mode such as TDM, KC, or FFA could definitely be classified as a "Camper". But a person doing the same thing but playing in CTF, DOM, HQ, or any other game mode that requires an objective to be defended should be classified as a "Defender" since their job would be to Defend. There are flags in some of these game modes that provide instructions while playing. For instance on CTF your flag says Defend and the enemy's flag says to Capture on your screen. Just a thought. Good Post!

Level 12

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

I personally don't differentiate between a camper or defender because I feel a defender is someone who is working towards winning a game through defending an objective whereas a camper generally does not help a team win.

Thank you for your input. I always do appreciate when someone adds to the conversation.

Level 40

Well, then based on the lack of differentiation I say that Campers can and do exist even when challenged by opposing teams with effective communication skills. I have 4 Campers that play on my team almost every evening and they have very respectable KD's and win percentages all obtained while Defending/Camping. 

Level 12

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

Well, then based on the lack of differentiation I say that Campers can and do exist even when challenged by opposing teams with effective communication skills. I have 4 Campers that play on my team almost every evening and they have very respectable KD's and win percentages all obtained while Defending/Camping. 

Even if the opposite team has mics, it doesn't mean they have effective communication skills. Had they had good communication skills, the campers on your team would have problems because the other team would know where they were.

Level 40

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

Even if the opposite team has mics, it doesn't mean they have effective communication skills. Had they had good communication skills, the campers on your team would have problems because the other team would know where they were.

If effective communication skills are that of being able to effectively call out a location to a fellow team member where you were shot and where the Camper was located, then I can without any uncertainty, say we have played against teams and clans that were able to communicate effectively. Now, whether or not they possessed the experience or skill necessary to neutralize my defenders/campers is a completely different matter and different thread.

Your question was "

whether enemy campers can exist if there was actual teamwork on your team?"

My Clan is made of of about 80% prior service and we understand the importance of shoot, move, and communicate. We have lost matches to teams that were able to put up a strong defenses and no matter what we threw at them we were unable to get their flag. At the same time we have been able to defend our flag against full teams and clans so much so that they left the match.

In my opinion I can unequivocally say YES, Campers can and do exist.

Is any one single playing style invincible? No. Is there a counter to every encounter? Sure.

Level 12

Studios