Did anyone else lose interest in the EEs after seeing the end of Origins?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Did anyone else lose interest in the EEs after seeing the end of Origins?

I'm a player who enjoys completing the EEs because they add to the story and give a (false) sense of accomplishment.  On maps like Moon they were really fun to do/rewarding... on BO2 the EEs are far from fun OR rewarding.  Getting to the point though... After seeing the ending to Origins, I lost all interest in completing the rest of the EEs I needed to do (Buried, Origins).

I know many people, including myself, were pretty upset with how everything turned out and I wonder if anyone else just said, "f*** it!" after they saw the ending.  All the hours spent doing these EEs... for nothing...  NAV Cards... for nothing... I STILL don't understand why they had 2 different sides to choose from when it didn't matter what side you chose anyway.  Didn't one of the head Zombie guys say something like "pick a side and stick with it"

?

Why?

I'm also on PS3 so I get everything a month late... you know... after the new maps lose their luster... and for once I'm kinda happy about it.  Instead of being excited to complete the final EE, this ending has broken the spell that zombies used to have over me.  

Level 7
22 REPLIES

Re: Did anyone else lose interest in the EEs after seeing the end of Origins?

in reply to hoboMurder101

My recommendation is stick with what you love. I'm starting to play a lot more BO1 zombies again and i'm starting to get that feeling I used to have for zombies back. I know there aren't many people on anymore but maybe some of us can get together and play some BO1. I'm on Xbox but i'm sure you can find enough people on here to breath some life back into BO1 on the PS3 servers.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to CombustiblSquid

I started playing WaW and BO again just because of the ending.  It sucks there are SO MANY hackers on WaW though...  I don't understand why Treyarch doesn't keep up with their older games.  Yeah sure it isn't the "hottest thing on the market" anymore, but it's like they completely neglect their older (better) games.

Level 7

Well you have to understand one thing about how capitalism works. If you don't make more money off it than the cost to improve it, you get rid of it. If they tried to support all 3 games it would become a huge money drain on the company. This is just how shit is. It sucks when great games lose patch support but if I were in their position I'd do the same.

Level 13

you make a valid point

Level 7

I always go back to black ops when I get bored with the EEs on black ops 2. Hit me up on ps3 derelicte24 if you want to play some moon

Level 4

Not really. Infact, ever since origins, I've been trying to do the Tranzit and Buried easter egg. It encouraged me actually!

Level 14

in reply to Killbook

Not trying to bash you by any means, but I am curious as to why you're now "encouraged" to do them.  They're a pain in the ass to do and have no rewards...  Well, Tranzit has no rewards and Buried just doesn't seem worth the trouble anymore.  Especially considering what side you choose makes no difference. 

Level 7

I kind of got the same feeling when I did Origins too. Don't know why but getting that achievement pop up got me excited to do the other EEs. No real reason why though.

Level 13

I guess considering that I completed the EEs as they came out... I'll never have that feeling of excitement to go back and do the others.  The only ones I have to do are Buried and Origins, but I just don't know if I'll be excited to do them now.

I tried numerous times to do the EE for Buried and it always turned out to be a big flop due to other players not listening or deciding to quit.  From what I've heard the EE for Origins has issues with the giant robots and no great reward (if any at all).

Level 7

Studios