Do You find Prestiging a Gun worth it?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Do You find Prestiging a Gun worth it?

Ola...

I was having a hard time with Chicom with burst fire (my aim is not great and play mostly HC, so if I missed I was dead). When I put select fire on it and run full auto, I love it (HC and Core).  I decided not to prestige it because it is the last gun I need to work on for Diamond SMGs.

I figured I would prestige the gun when I unlock the D camo, reach PM... or NEVER. Unless I am wrong, there is no advantage to leveling it again safe from:

- Continued XP

- Clan and Emblem

Considering I will shortly not need any XP... is there any reason at all I would prestige any more guns (I know what my emblem looks like so having it on a gun is no big deal for me)

Thanks

Activision Ambassador
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do You find Prestiging a Gun worth it?

Solution
‎30-01-2013 12:19 PM

yeah its worth it. +15k when you reach max prestige if you already have gold. Hella worth it.

Level 4
34 REPLIES

It goes by fast.

Level 5

to be truthful i guess people would prestige their guns exactly for what you said, emblem and tag on it plus the xp. but obviously MP you wouldnt need xp etc so imo there would be no point in prestiging your gun if you are going for MP. if i was never going to prestige e.g stay level 55 and no prestige then I would probably just go through all guns and max them out just for something to do lol

Message was edited by: ladylucina

when i say max out all the guns in the game i mean prestiging every gun twice just for something to do if i wasnt going to prestige my actual level

Level 23

I am currently trying to get Chicom Gold and with select fire on I got a Quad feed and Fury killer yesterday. Chicoms quite a beast.

I prefer to see my golden guns with my emblem. Thats the only reason I prestige. Other than that I see no reason to prestige either.

Level 10

The only reason I did it was for the option to put my emblem on the weapon. I enjoy having my HA! Ha! show up in kill cams.

Level 20

in reply to theroc23

The other reason I prestieged my weapon this past weekend is because redoing all of the gun challenges added to the double XP. It's kind of a waist not to if you're still leveling up.

Level 20

in reply to theroc23

yeah never thought about 2XP while leveling

Activision Ambassador

in reply to theroc23

please correct me if i am wrong here, because i really dont know but my understanding of MP was that when you reach there everything was unlocked and diamond camo, and i also thought all guns were maxed out, as in all fully prestiged and emblem and tag available for them. please correct me because then i am in the wrong and thank you

Level 23

I just do them for the bonus xp, if i like a gun i will try and get it prestiged twice and unlock all the camo's

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

But you do not have to prestige it to unlock the camos... or do you? I don't think so.  This is the 1st gun I am not prestiging (every other I would do it right away)

Activision Ambassador

Studios