Does this happen to anyone else?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Does this happen to anyone else?

It seems like everytime I play Magma, I get kicked for team killing. I don't do it on purpose - it's just that many times (not ALL the time, but like 9/10 times) when I see someone on that map - be they friend or foe - their name doesn't show up above their head!

So, what's my choice? Shoot or be shot, right? Unfortunately, if I guess wrong I get kicked. And I guess wrong A LOT!

I even run a target finder on that map to see if that'll help. But it doesn't seem to make much difference. I even walked right up behind someone on that map the other day and stood there for a few seconds trying to make up my mind if I should shoot. No name, red OR green showed up. So I pulled the trigger and realized it was a friendly.

It's especially bad if I make a long shot - like across the train car that's forming a bridge on the lava. If I'm near the planter and someone is coming from the other side of that bridge - no name......so I shoot and

"GET THAT DICK WEED OUTTA MY SIGHT!"

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I should just stay away from that map!

Level 2
23 REPLIES

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

in reply to chard1027

Theyre probably wearing blind eye. Try looking at uniforms and shoot the ones that arent similar to yours.

Level 7

in reply to philla_killa

philla_killa wrote:

Theyre probably wearing blind eye. Try looking at uniforms and shoot the ones that arent similar to yours.

as he says pay attention to the uniform right before the match starts, that should help some.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to chard1027

Don't play HC if you can't tell your teammates apart. On another note, the enemy dress differently from your team.

Level 10

in reply to chard1027

Good point about looking at the uni's. But sometimes on that map, they're too far away and just look like dark grey sillouettes. Not so far that I can't shoot them, but far enough that I can't make out details. I will have to start paying more attention to how my teamamtes are dressed at the count down.

Thanks, guys.

Level 2

in reply to chard1027

Like cupcake said, at the start of the game look at all your team mates they have distinct differences. Just burn it into your head at the start of the game.

Usually one team has camo and the other has a solid darker color. 

Level 7

in reply to chard1027

rule of thumb if their name is red shoot ..if you dont see a name shoot ..works every time

Level 2

in reply to KraQ1

The OP stated that their names do not come up in the crosshairs (probably because they are using Cold Blooded) ..

So how will that help him ?

Level 7

in reply to KraQ1

Not every time.

I recently had an experience in which I killed an enemy and team mate within a split second of each other.  10 seconds later in my own spawn I saw an avatar 5' away with green over his head and he was emptying his gun aiming in my vicinity. I presumed it was my teammate simply showing his displeasure with me so I kept on going. After he reloaded he killed me.

I watched the kill death ticker to realize he was my enemy.

Its very rare, but the colors sometimes are inaccurate.

Level 8

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

What my guess is that happened here was that you might of had a teammate standing behind the enemy so their name popped up but not the enemy I have seen this happen before personally. You just have to look at the clothing. With all the spawn flipping in this game people end up all over the map at any giving time.

Level 7

Studios