Dual Band Scope

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Dual Band Scope

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Dual band still takes a persons brain to tell them to pull the trigger.

A skilless drooler can kill a few people by just hitting R1 when a TF beeps at them and tells them to.

That's the biggest difference IMO.

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

Good point, however how often when that thing beeps did you not actually see the person there in the first place?

Level 40

Who me? I have never used the TF.

I will probably break down at some point to get the goals for it but for now, I just can't do it.

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

You can do it Peter Pan! I believe in you! **sprinkles you with Fairy Dust**

Level 40

/equips an LMG w/ TF.

I can fly!

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

ROFL doc you wanna join us

Level 24

lol I don't think the community needs any more ideas on what to complain about. haha

But the dual band scope isn't OP imo, it does exactly what it's supposed to do and basically what it's been doing since it's been in Call of Duty. The difference is they did it like many other FPS where it is a green backdrop against actual heat signatures. Not unrealistic, and not something people need to be complaining about. lol There's a point where something is legitimately a valuable attachment, weapon, etc. in real life and so it should reflect that in-game. They might as well not have the attachment at all if people see it as "OP" when it's not. Might as well take out the variable zoom for letting people aim in closer for better accuracy and aim out for better views of the field, or the reflex for providing clearer views than an iron sight lol

Level 18

Yeah, I hate getting killed by people with the TF but your point is valid. I have the LSW with grip and duel band set up to finish the challenge. That's a beast of a combo!

Level 48

I'm not someone who complains about either attachment, but I think the reason so many of the "TF = noobsauce" people don't whine about the Dual Band as well is that the DB is unlocked much later in each weapon prestige, and isn't available on SMGs or ARs (the most widely used weapons).

An LMG or semi-auto Sniper with the Dual Band scope is crazy powerful, though.  Even if someone's using Cold Blooded it makes them much easier to spot in shadows.

Level 26

DB isn't new, but the TF is.

The TF gives off more 'noob' waves because of the red boxes. The TF is also unlocked earlier and on more guns. There is no logic to hating one over the other, they're both balanced by the fact that:

A) Vision/mobility is impaired with no option to customize the sight

B) Better players don't need assistance in seeing and succesfully killing.

The hate stems from the fact that in a killcam it stands out.

Most players blame anything/anyone but themselves when they die. The diffence is the TF is easy to spot in a killcam and gets targeted more easily as an excuse as to why they were killed, rather than taking adequate precautions. It's that simple.

Those who complained and received the TF nerf will not see any change in their failure rates. The only difference is they'll have to develop new excuses, though they will not realize it.

Level 4

Studios