End of an Era: Black Ops II

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: End of an Era: Black Ops II

in reply to weapon_111

u also have to take in account to... some players are just plain better then u. u might have not found ur niche yet to how u play. the correct guns with perks or even the right type of game mode. if ur playing domination running around with a pistol cahnces are u wont do good unless u use the right tactics. its the same with every gun. u cant just take a sniper run to the middle of standoff and attempt to kill everyone. u gotta learn where people hide. and how to use ur attachments perks and equipment correctly

Level 1

in reply to Izjar11

I liked the game much more than MW3 from a connectivity point of view.  BO2 for me was bad (esp. during 2XP like this who week), MW3 was terrible.

I liked Zombies and the intelligence in the bots were nice (being able to play all game modes when connections were crap is fun).

This is why I am looking forward to Ghosts:

- The promise of better connections (I do not expect it was always be good, but I hope it should be better at least)

- Squad mode (intelligent bots)

Although BO1 is still my fav. COD to date, I enjoy playing IW games better (safe from the BS that makes it back every year… *cough* death streaks and nukes *cough*). This year, no death streaks (yay)… I hope they do not put in super bombs.

If they would take the best aspects of MW3 and BO2, leave out the BS, put a few more larger maps in rotation of applicable game modes, and make the connections better… it would be an awesome game. Ghosts, is that you?

Activision Ambassador

The change in connection with Ghosts should prove to give us more reliability, but I do suspect that will solve the tireless complain issues players have with these games.

Have you seen videos of actual game play and how quickly people die in Ghost?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Good post Ego.

Like all CoD, BO2 has had its pro's and con's, all very personal.

The negatives -

Pace has been to fast for my liking. Maybe a sign of my age catching up with me.

Way too many boosters, and not a good response from Treyarch in dealing with them. I'd include the abuse of the prestige hack right back at the start. The lack of action on that was just an invitation, sending out the message that players can do what they like with little chance of action being taken. Disappointing that we didn't have a 'cutpurse' on the forum like with previous Treyarch CoD games.

Matchmaking. Said enough on this in the past, not going to hark on again, especially given that ghosts is supposed to have different matchmaking.

The point streak system was hailed to be flexible and the points would change to mix up streak use. The uav got changed in the opening weeks, then nothing. I think Treyarch missed an opportunity to make the game more interesting by mixing up the points more.

The positives -

Having spent a good six months on dedicated servers I think this bodes well for ghosts. It doesn't solve all connectivity problems, but it's a big improvement.

I liked the pick 10 idea, it worked well for me.

I thought weapon balance was good.

I liked the fact there was pretty much a counter to everything. Mixed together with pick 10 it meant there really was little justification for complaint about anything on the weapons and perks front.

.Overall I have enjoyed BO2. I'm still playing it and will be until I am convinced ghosts is worthy of investment.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Yea you absolutely right they could have done more things with the point system. Thanks for responding Senna.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

In terms of networking it was a continuation of MW3 - bad matchmaking, problematic net code. Surprisingly  older titles dealt with those issues much better. Graphic, weapons, achievements, awarding - not bad, with exception of target finder (another mistake).

Level 12

in reply to Jackal235

Jackal235 wrote:

In terms of networking it was a continuation of MW3 - bad matchmaking, problematic net code. Surprisingly  older titles dealt with those issues much better. Graphic, weapons, achievements, awarding - not bad, with exception of target finder (another mistake).

It is surprising that after a few previous games they realized that dedicated servers will serve the game best.

of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

I'm actually kind of sad that I didn't start playing this game sooner. In the six months that I have been playing, I think I learned a lot. #1 would be to USE THE MUTE ALL feature! haha! And second - if you get ambushed, DON'T re-spawn and go down that same path! That one I learned a little slow, but finally got there!

When I started playing, I was on a slow internet connection and read all the posts about lag, etc. I felt like my game play was improving, but I felt as though my connection was hindering what I could do, so I upgraded the connection. I have seen improvements in regards to the connection, but I also think I'm learning the maps and spawns better and my stats show that. Not bragging - just saying I have gotten better.

My biggest complaint recently (and it seems to have corresponded with my internet upgrade) is that the BO2 servers disconnect me in the middle of games. It happened about 6 times in a row today. I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to why that happens - my end? BO2 servers end? Still searching for answers and tweeking my modem and console. Sometimes it works brilliantly and other times I want to smash my controller!

Over-all, ya, I think I'm just a little bummed that I didn't start playing this game when it first came out. There's a lot of complaining that the maps on BO2 are mostly too small. But the way I look at it, it's just a 6v6 match. My son has been playing BF4 the last few days and I jsut get lost with that one. I'm a K.I.S.S. kind of guy - the simpler, the better for me!

Looking forward to Ghosts (especially if the connection problems get worked out), because that one I will be playing from day one!

Level 2

in reply to Izjar11

End of an error.

Level 10

in reply to squirt_magoo

It just didn't feel like a Call of Duty game to me, have to say I won't miss it, haven't played in months and think I played about 6-7 days in total, less than any other title. The leagues were good though, the story was great, but multiplayer not so great.

Fair play to the people that enjoyed it each to their own.

Level 20

Studios