Fail Confessions

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Fail Confessions

Seeing the "Ego" thread got me thinking about experiences I've had over the years with both my ego as well as some of my friends.

I don't think ego's are a big issue in game.....maybe in the forums. I've played with a lot of people and I've rarely had anyone talk down to me or another player....including weak ones.

We all fail....some more than others but nobody is perfect, especially in a game where split second decisions can mean the difference between sitting in a party discussing "what I should have done" versus playing the next round. I've seen it all over the years....who hasn't died reviving after tossing the monkey bomb off the map? I watched one guy (last man up) get pinned by the last 2 zombies.

On to the topic.....my confession

I'm pretty comfortable with being the last man standing and while I usually wish/hope the last man standing is me (so the game will continue) I wouldn't say I have a huge ego. Like last night at round 39 on Origins,  I don't get "tight" or uncomfortable and in most cases, I'm thinking more about how to get three people back on their feet on the next round start. However, last night I blew it in embarrassing fashion. I had 30"ish fire staff rounds and a PaP'd mauser. Ammo was on my mind so I thought I'd try and blow out the Mauser and fish for another digging. I was hoping I could dig one up and kill enough to trigger a max ammo and save the one I had in the box for later when we were all up. This stupid decision put the Mauser in my hand, shooting head shots at Gen 2 and two spawns behind me caught me flipping to the staff too late.....game over. In hindsight, I should have got a shield as soon as I realized I lost mine. I should have fired a shorter blast on the mauser, should have stuck to killing in the mud, maybe I should have been in a different spot.

I let the other guys down and was pretty embarrassed.

Anyway....I was wondering if any others (ego or not) would be interested in sharing their embarrassing game ending bad decisions.....especially some of the forum's popular players.

Level 18
39 REPLIES

Re: Fail Confessions

in reply to USarmyvet

Trying to help someone do the Moon EE... he kept going down, but we managed to fill the tubes, and I got all my perks. He went down again and I tried to revive him, but I went down without even being red...

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

Megadog14 wrote:

Trying to help someone do the Moon EE... he kept going down, but we managed to fill the tubes, and I got all my perks. He went down again and I tried to revive him, but I went down without even being red...

Come on dog....true confessions, not "got screwed" stories.....Dig deeper.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Um... once on Moon immediately after telling my teammate to be careful around the windows with his M+S, I threw a grenade and accidently blew up a window.

Level 35

in reply to USarmyvet

Round 19 Nacht Der Untoten. We are team camping upstairs at the grenades and things are going great!...then i inadvertently clear the debris on the stairs whilst trying to board the window and we all die, felt like a right tosser.

Level 13

in reply to Mr_Spaceman

Mr_Spaceman wrote:

Round 19 Nacht Der Untoten. We are team camping upstairs at the grenades and things are going great!...then i inadvertently clear the debris on the stairs whilst trying to board the window and we all die, felt like a right tosser.

Another good place for the "inadvertent" barrier buy is 2nd floor of Die Rise....back by the window.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to USarmyvet

ROund 30 or 31 jumping over to get new tramp stamp, last man standing, not jumping and walking off.

I Have plenty of these stories.

Level 21

in reply to USarmyvet

WAs going for a high round solo origins.  Figured all I needed was to pap the Mauser to kill buzz light year and then go to agartha, beast down there no staffs. I point whored perfectly paped the Han Solo rig, erased buzz fast. Then thinking about what I should do next, got pinned in a choke point, and didnt want to kill the last heard. Never shboulle lazer that would had easily killed all of them. My high so far 15.

Level 21

in reply to USarmyvet

I'm the last guy alive, so I'm making my way to my most comfortable solo area, Gen 6. I've got a good amount of space between me and the horde. In no danger at all.

All I would have had to do was get to the generator, charge up my lightning staff and fire it at a choke point. Round would have ended, team could have gotten their Thunder Gloves from the box at 6 then gotten their staffs and we'd have been on our merry way.

....I got stepped on. This was 3 days after the map pack came out, I still had no idea about the red blinking lights that say a robot is coming. I looked up to see if a robot was coming...and got stepped on immediately. :]

Level 34

in reply to theatriks

theatriks wrote:

I looked up to see if a robot was coming...and got stepped on immediately. :]

Good one!....and quite embarrassing to have three spectators watch you do it.

I've yet to die the last death at the hands (feet) of the robots but anyone can have a brain fart.

Thanks for sharing.

Level 18

Studios