Goodbye Treyarch...hello Ghosts

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Goodbye Treyarch...hello Ghosts

I don't care what anyone says. BlackOps 2 is broken. I am chosen as host 50%+ of the time, so NO it's not my connection. Chances are it's a combination of Lag Comp needing adjustment, and crappy match making by BO2 server.

Today....

1. Enemy spawned 10 feet away and killed me. Several times today.

2. Matchmaking is utter crap. Has been so since day one.

3. Lag Compensation is horrible. It can be adjusted. It should be adjusted so that the benefit players are given is minimal.

4. Weapon effectiveness is inconsistent between team and enemy.

5. Shotguns are OP. Handguns are OP. Don't care if you disagree.

Maps suck:

VERTIGO - Really? This map is like shooting fish in a barrel, except YOU are one of the fish. Postage stamp map.

MAGMA - Horrible design. The "white walkway" on the side of the map is useless. No one ever fights in that area unless they happen to pass by an enemy. So, it's a waste of valuable map space.

HIJACKED - What the hell. The spawning on this map is by far the worst. In no short part due to the fact that the map is TINY.

DRONE - The name fits. It resembles the drone of a clothes dryer, because of the repetitive camping and quickscoping by players.

PLAZA - Someone dropped some ABC blocks on the floor, and thought that would make a great map. On top of that, for a "night" map it sucks. It's so bright, it barely suggests night.

HYDRO - Another postage stamp map. Part of what worsens spawning is the size of the map. The smaller the map the worse the spawning, because there's little time to think before an enemy rounds the corner to off your ass.

GRIND - Seriously? A skateboard park? Again, another bad design. Most of the time, players end up heading to the tiny little room at the center of the map and fighting.

CARGO - OK. But, got boring fast because of player penchant for camping.

Decent maps:

DOWNHILL - Decent map. But quickly became boring and too predictable.

MIRAGE - One of the better maps. Only players don't utilize much of the map. Why, I don't know.

ENCORE - OK map. But, very predictable and limited in choices.

STUDIO - By far THE best map of the entire game. But, that's not saying much since it's simply a remake of a previous, and popular map.

CARRIER - Good map. But, doesn't get picked enough for my tastes.

The rest of the maps are good. Especially STANDOFF, RAID, and YEMEN. Of course this is all JUST my opinion. Bottom line, this is THE worst COD game in my experience. I only wish Ghosts wasn't five months away. I don't think I'll keep playing BO2 very often, unless I hear game issues are fixed. Until then, I'll keep my eyes peeled for Ghosts.

Level 21
36 REPLIES

Re: Goodbye Treyarch...hello Ghosts

in reply to RunAndGun1

Well sell the game then-_____-

Level 9

in reply to TopAceH3X

TopAceH3X wrote:

Well sell the game then-_____-

Sell the game? Why would I knowingly sell an inferior product to someone? I wouldn't want to put anyone else through the BS I went through.

Lag Compensation has to be removed or adjusted. The blatant compromising of my gameplay to benefit another player is morally offensive. If you can't afford a decent connection, don't play the game. Simple.

Then again, Treyarch games are always the laggiest of COD titles. Black Ops 1 was just as laggy. The maps were also crappy. I don't think I'll be playing anymore Treyarch reindeer games.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

They are not ever going to remove lag compensation from this game or any CoD ever. All CoDs have it. Does not matter if you think it is morally offensive or not, the game was not made just for you to be happy about how it plays. And no people do not have to stop playing the game just because they do not want to buy a high priced connection just so you can have fun. You are not speical or entitled to anything in the game such as having it work only the way you want it too.

MW3 was just as bad it was not any better so IW games are not better at all. Gurantee when ghosts comes out there will be people, probably including you that will be there complaing about the lag and how it is not fair.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

They are not ever going to remove lag compensation from this game or any CoD ever. All CoDs have it. Does not matter if you think it is morally offensive or not, the game was not made just for you to be happy about how it plays. And no people do not have to stop playing the game just because they do not want to buy a high priced connection just so you can have fun. You are not speical or entitled to anything in the game such as having it work only the way you want it too.

You don't get it, dude. I'm not the one asking to be treated special. I'm simply asking that my connection be respected.  That my gameplay be based on my connection. It's nerfing my gameplay to benefit someone else with a lesser connection that is making the OTHER guy special. I'm not suggesting, nor have I ever suggested, that other people stop playing the game. I'm only speaking for myself and my intentions.

The game SHOULD work for me based on MY conneciton. That's called respect in most social circles. When my connection/gameplay is "weakened" to benefit someone else, that's disrespectful. I'm not the one asking to be special, it's the other guy who get's a better in-game response time by pulling from my connection that's being made SPECIAL. Is that clear enough? Or do you need more words?

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Your connection is not special either nor should it be treated any better than anyone elses. You do not get speical treatment just because you pay for more internet than someone else.

The game does not ever use your full connection. it does not matter how great your connection is. It only uses a very small part of it. And the game does work, just not how YOU want it too.

Your connection is not being weekened, it does not add lag to your connection, it does not change your connection at all like that.

It does not take from you and give to anyone it cannot do that. they cannot take your connection and then give it to someone else to make theirs better.

It has nothing to do with respect.. it has everything to do with you wanting a better game just because you pay for more bandwidth and that is not going to happen ever in this game.

Level 70

We aren't asking to be gods among men because our connection is good we are simply stating balance it out to where everyone is the same speed and no one is behind. Or they can make it where the laggy people aren't gods among men. That's all we are saying is that lag compensation is over compensating.

Level 3

in reply to ClipClamp

ClipClamp wrote:

That's all we are saying is that lag compensation is over compensating.

EXACTLY!! That's exactly what Lag Comp is doing.

Level 21

in reply to ClipClamp

They are trying to balance it out that is what lag comp is for, they do not remove from your speed at all. they do not hinder your connection, for the game does not use your full connection ever. the problem is there is no perfect balance becuase of how everyoen tries to get an advantage and changes their settings to do so, making any change that 3arc makes alter things not always for the best. the game will never be 100% connection balanced not even 95% because of how the internet itself works. there will always be wtf moments in the game. It will never be perfect or anywhere close to it ever for everyone that plays the game, no matter what your connection is. There will always be desnyc issues with the game depending upon the lobby you are in, the host that is chosen and the distance of all playes to the host.

Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

They are trying to balance it out that is what lag comp is for, they do not remove from your speed at all. they do not hinder your connection, for the game does not use your full connection ever. the problem is there is no perfect balance becuase of how everyoen tries to get an advantage and changes their settings to do so, making any change that 3arc makes alter things not always for the best. the game will never be 100% connection balanced not even 95% because of how the internet itself works. there will always be wtf moments in the game. It will never be perfect or anywhere close to it ever for everyone that plays the game, no matter what your connection is. There will always be desnyc issues with the game depending upon the lobby you are in, the host that is chosen and the distance of all playes to the host.

I completely agree with everything you said there, trialstardragon. My only gripe is that BO2 seems more imbalanced then previous COD titles. Yes, there will always be WTF moments in online multiplayer games, not just in COD.

The one issue that still makes BO2 unplayable to me is the spawning. I have NEVER seen spawning this fracked up before. The last time I played BO2 an enemy spawned right in front of me. I was so shocked I just stared at him. LOL. Throw in a little lag, and he turns to me and kills me. Lately, I've been playing BO1 and I've been getting scores I've never reached in BO2. Most of the maps in BO1 are bigger then most of the maps in BO2. And the ones that aren't necessarily bigger, are simply better designed.

BO1 maps such as CRACKED, WMD, ARRAY, CRISIS, DISCOVERY, RADIATION, represent much better map design then any maps BO2 offers - in my opinion. I couldn't say how much "bigger" they are then BO2 maps. But, they offer you so much more choices in regards to the number of paths and engagement areas you experience then any BO2 map. Especially STOCKPILE, which gives you so many more entrances to corridors and rooms where you can move in and out of structures to avoid immediate detection, as well as creating more areas of engagement for snipers and run-n-gunners. The beat goes on.

Level 21

Studios