Gun Balance by far one of the best in the series.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Gun Balance by far one of the best in the series.

The guns in this game are WOW! The SMG's you can never go wrong with. MP7, PDW, MSMC, CHICOM CQB. The Assault Rifles are all very good as well. AND for the first time ever LMG's are not bad. You can actually mow people down with the LMG's. Good job Treyarch! All we need now is that matchmaking patch and this may very well be the best COD EVER!

-In Treyarch I Trust.

DatBeast
21 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Gun Balance by far one of the best in the seri...

in reply to DatBeast

What gun balance? This is a smg dominate game!

Niteshade83

in reply to Niteshade83

Second that!

There is no balance when an SMG can not be stopped by an assault rifle from long range.  I have lost more gun battles than I care to admit at long range due to the low recoil and endless clips of SMGs. My accuracy is probably around the 25% range so its not that I am not shooting them.  Paired with poor hit detection all other gun classes are basically not competitive at this moment.

They definitely need to look into the possibility of increasing the bullet spread when fired over a distance for SMGs.  Right now it seems that 90% of the players are using SMGs.  That coupled with the fact that Treyarch has been determined to make the pace of the game resemble a room full of A.D.D kids with no riddlin, something has to give.  Either buff the AR's damage to give us a fighting chance against the merciless clip of the MP7 or reduce the effectiveness over a distance for SMG.

kourtvizion

in reply to kourtvizion

Idk what you're talking about

Ive been using primarily SMGs (always have) but Ive had to switch to using atleast SOME ARs; specifically because of the lack of power when I try to shoot someone from long range with a SMG.

You can take somebodys head off very easily with significantly less bullets using a AR than you do can with an SMG, from long range.

you can also use an AR as primary for long range and an SMG as your secondary when you run around and risk running into somebody and need to shoot fast. or you can replace your SMG with a shotty in this case

stop crying.

CHIEFSHAKAZULU

in reply to kourtvizion

SMGs all take 6 bullets to kill at long range. Either you're exaggerating or bad. Also, Shotguns are amazing in this game, especially the R870.

HenryTheFish

in reply to HenryTheFish

Every gun in this game requires no skill to use . Just hold down the trigger. There is no recoil , no center placement because it never leaves and oh dont get me started on sniper rifles that part is a joke. There made for a 6 yr old.

justinsteele

in reply to justinsteele

MW3 had no recoil. What's the difference? This game is more enjoyable.

DatBeast

in reply to Niteshade83

Depends on how you play. You rush, yes then SMG dominates. If you play objective wise you may use a Assault Rifle to clear the area then cap an objective. Preference.

DatBeast

in reply to DatBeast

Yeah it is shaping up to be a really good game the guns have  their own flavour to them with distinct quirks and with all the combos you can chuck together there's a lot to play around with.

Throw on top things like the games more mid-pace feel and score streak system BOPs 2 has got a lot of potential.

No doubt a stupidly bad launch (I've had the freezing, hop scotch lag,all stats but my rank reset) but seems to be worth sticking it out through the first bumps.

monkeylord1

in reply to monkeylord1

I just love the fact that when you call a UAV red dots galore. Love this fast paced shooter.

DatBeast

Studios