HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge

i thought the video did all of those things.  No?

well i'll make another in the core version

Level 6

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

The video did have all of the features required by the forum rules.  However, the rules generally like it if you have some text to go with the video.  A quick synopsis if you will of the main learning points.  Looking forward to your Core submission.

Level 69

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

It totally did.. in the video.  The forum guidelines state that the video should compliment the discussion, and not the other way around. This is why a "video thread" has been allowed to exist: One should not have to watch the video to the idea; the discussion should be talking about what and how you are doing it, and the video is the showing of the accomplishments.

No worries mate, no harm intended, no foul given (hopefully lol).

Activision Ambassador

well i'll keep that in mind for my core video, which is rendering now

Level 6

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

Overall that was exactly the kind of video that this thread was meant to draw in.  Good tips and good gameplay.  Nice job.  I think that this thread is so interesting because it dives into more than just getting the streaks but also your thinking and why what you did was so effective.  That's where the true learning begins.  Personally, I'd be scared to death to use betties as liberally as you did in HC but you made it work.  I'd imagine that it worked due to a combo of placement and knowing your teams aggressiveness level but it worked.

Level 69

Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge

Okay, I have my first entry into the challenge.  I had to cut the video down to just my streak run to get it under the 2 minutes that Elite will allow but here goes.  It's a HC DOM match on Downhill where my team wins and I finish 37 - 17 8 caps and 4 defends with Dogs.  I wish I could have uploaded the whole match since it was not a sure thing.  The other team flanked us relentlessly and held me to just getting UAVs the whole first half but in the second half I finally figured them out.

As tips and tricks go, pay attention to what I did when I got my UAV.  I knew that the enemy was on our home flag but I didn't know how many or which way they would go.  By putting myself in the most advantageous spot that I could think of, I set myself up for my streak run.  Later you'll see how I used my VSAT to cherry pick opponents.  If there's any thing that I've tried to learn it's that just because you have a VSAT up it doesn't mean that you are invincible.  Enjoy the video.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

good playing phxs, first time playing vs you, you had the SVU in Standoff, impossible to beat.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

lol I never thought that I'd ever hear my name, a sniper rifle, and impossible to beat all in the same sentence.   Thanks for the compliment.  The sniper rifles in BO2 though are pretty easy to work with.  So I can't take all of the credit.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Activision Ambassador

I'm sure that some folks will call it campy but I don't mind.  I play whatever style works and when I camped it was because I was getting bum rushed by the enemy.  However, I keep one heck of a campground because when do you ever see a camper cap not just 3 flags but all 3 flags (ABC) inside of 2 min?  Especially on a map the size of Downhill.

Level 69

Studios