Has gameplay on Black Ops 2 slowed down?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Has gameplay on Black Ops 2 slowed down?

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

Definitly the game has / is slowing down, players are more strategic and less chaotic. The way this game should have been.

Hasn't gottent their yet, but we're certainly working on it. I'm having episodes of fun now and I'm actually able to play DOM again. There's still a lot of life left in this game, we'll see what happens (Just got a new thread idea)

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

I am having more fun also despite getting my butt handed to me. I like the challenge and having to learn new strategies.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

It hasn't gotten easier, but it getting manageable

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

G, I think you need to slow down your post count! lol

Level 48

It's funny that you mention this because last night for the first time I played a CTF game that ended in double OT with neither side ever capping even one flag for the whole match.  Both teams had a minimum of 4 guys watching the flags the whole time.  I was one of the very few even attempting to get a flag but by the time that I would have the first four guys cleared out, they would start respawning and eventually take me down before I could get away.  This obviously is an extreme example but there is a lot more slow play going on in BO2 nowadays as a rule.  Likely because people are long since done with maxing out their SMGs and have finally started to learn how to use the ARs and LMGs.  As a result they are finding out that there really are advantages to these other classes.  I would expect this trend to continue.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I think so too, its almost turning into a new game and I am having to reteach myself strategies that I normally use. I am also seeing more HCKC games going to time limit because there is just no way to get all the tags with the way everyone is playing but I am also seeing higher kill counts. Are you noticing that also on CTF?

Level 40

I'd say overall there is a trend towards higher kills in the objective gamemodes.  It's not largely different from before but for instance it's not such a rarity for me to see a couple of guys going 60 or 70 kills in DOM now whereas those numbers where extreme rarities in the early days.  At least in my lobbies anyway   You've still got your guys out there that are playing balls to the wall but they are struggling to go positive more often than not from what I see.  I ran into a group on Carrier that were going full on speed and CQC classes.  They rushed my team which was more geared for distance fighting and quite frankly overwhelmed us at first because we weren't expecting such an aggressive attack.  But once we realized what they were doing, we quickly turned things around on them and kept them triple capped for the better part of the match because for all their speed, they couldn't get close enough to us to effectively use it.  My team walked away with some pretty good kds and they were left somewhere around 0.5 or less.

Level 69

I kind of agree and kind of disagree. If you're playing in a public match with/against a party then I think gameplay slows waaaay down.

For example: I mostly play Dom. If I'm playing with/against a party then I can garuntee you there's at least one guy in that party who's EXTREMELY insistent on a particular strategy. That will usually result in everyone in that party playing a certain way (usually sitting on 'B' and not going for the triple-cap).

That turns a game of Dom into a much different animal than a truly random public match, with people running around doing whatever the hell they want. In some ways it's easier (less map for you to deal with) in other ways harder (the other team knows where you are alll the time).

I haven't noticed a slow-down in the truly random, public lobbies though.

Level 7

in reply to mymorningkill

That's an interesting perspective because I usually only play with a party. Gives me something to think about going forward when I try to plan out games. Seems I will need to pay attention more if it looks like I am also facing a party or a team of randoms. Thank you so much for the tip.

Level 40

This is kinda OT, but I'm curious: Did it take you long to adapt to hardcore? I've played maybe one game, and it seemed like the difference from core was very large.

I'm willing to give it another shot; just a little leery this time around. Last time was wierd for me.

Level 7

Studios