Have i got two absolute great pieces of machinery to help with my call of duty gaming

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Have i got two absolute great pieces of machinery to help with my call of duty gaming

Scuf controller and Sony Pulse elite wireless headset

I played call of duty for a couple of months without any headphones, slow slow connection (512 kbps), and using a box TV

Now im totally ready for COD GHOSTS, after buying the controller for jump shots and fantastic headset plus 10 MBPS connection (not wifi)

Do you think my game would improve ? Please be honest .

P.s. previously (with the slow connection and without any headphones), i have got a KD of 0.94

THANKS for any help

Oh, and is there anything else i should get ?

Thanks

Level 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Have i got two absolute great pieces of machinery to help with my call of duty gaming

in reply to IClassicI
Solution
‎03-11-2013 02:03 AM

The headphones will definitely be a major improvement and will aid your game.  If I recall correctly, they are a simulated surround sound.  Knowing which directions footsteps are coming from is a huge advantage.  This assumes Ghosts has a typical IW sound set and it is not the terrible sound set used by 3arch in Blops2.  After an adjustment period the Scuf will pay dividends as well. 

The new internet connection may help and may hurt, depending on IW chooses to treat connections in Ghosts.  In blops2 you had an advantage by having less bandwidth than needed to host and more than likely saw lag compensation work in your favor in most lobbies.  If Ghosts is more like MW2, you're going to be better off, if it's like blops2, you're gonna be worse off.

As far as additional items, get good cables and if you're looking to replace the box tv, look for 2-4 ms delay to keep from getting additional lag from your tv and if it has a "game" setting use it.

Level 15
3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Have i got two absolute great pieces of machinery to help with my call of duty gaming

in reply to IClassicI

IClassicI wrote:

Oh, and is there anything else i should get ?

Thanks

Laid and some fresh air

Level 7

in reply to PinkBootsOn

You know exactly what I mean, so you dont really need to talk sh!t right?

Level 2

in reply to IClassicI
Solution
‎03-11-2013 02:03 AM

The headphones will definitely be a major improvement and will aid your game.  If I recall correctly, they are a simulated surround sound.  Knowing which directions footsteps are coming from is a huge advantage.  This assumes Ghosts has a typical IW sound set and it is not the terrible sound set used by 3arch in Blops2.  After an adjustment period the Scuf will pay dividends as well. 

The new internet connection may help and may hurt, depending on IW chooses to treat connections in Ghosts.  In blops2 you had an advantage by having less bandwidth than needed to host and more than likely saw lag compensation work in your favor in most lobbies.  If Ghosts is more like MW2, you're going to be better off, if it's like blops2, you're gonna be worse off.

As far as additional items, get good cables and if you're looking to replace the box tv, look for 2-4 ms delay to keep from getting additional lag from your tv and if it has a "game" setting use it.

Level 15

Studios