Here is something else that plagued Black Ops....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Here is something else that plagued Black Ops....

The horrible in-game menu, friends list lag. I cannot recall how many times it would freeze, mine and so many others PS3s. I have a friends list that is fine. I really see no purpose for having two. One doesn't lag the whole system. If you remember this speak your mind.

I cannot recall how many complained about this last CoDHQ.

If it hasn't been fixed, please Treyarch just remove it.

Activision Ambassador
13 REPLIES

Re: Here is something else that plagued Black Ops....

in reply to esmorgue

esmorgue wrote:

The horrible in-game menu, friends list lag. I cannot recall how many times it would freeze, mine and so many others PS3s. I have a friends list that is fine. I really see no purpose for having two. One doesn't lag the whole system. If you remember this speak your mind.

I cannot recall how many complained about this last CoDHQ.

If it hasn't been fixed, please Treyarch just remove it.

To add to that they invites should work a little better. In psn you have to go to the psn menu and check your inbox then join the game from that. It glitched horribly. I hope it will flow a bit better this time.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

In Black Ops is the first time I had to turn off the notifications. If you got a invite or message while seeing who was on or doing something in the menu it would slightly freeze.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to avengedyesterda

Instead of going to the XMB menu, u can just hit start then press triangle (which will lead you to friends).

Level 1

in reply to SyracuseSoldier

I know that and there was no point in it, It did the same thing as the XMB. Yet it didnt. It worked to fikter out people not playing the game, and worked to track people playing the game. A useless feature that caused our system to work harder for nothing.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

Yeah the blops title menu took so LONG...

Level 1

in reply to tsttyler

I just got done playing it and it is still doing it. That game lagged the system so hard it is a shame.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

I definitely remember this. Quite an annoyance.

Level 39

in reply to weird-guy

I cannot understand the point if it. I think the excessive stat tracking played a part also. Yet, having a system filtering something that the console is keeping total track of is redundant. Hell, I remember seeing someone playing a match I would want to join, and they would be on Kowloon, OH...how I hat that map...

Activision Ambassador

in reply to esmorgue

The menus in the Xbox worked fine. All they need to do is show the PS3 an <equal> amount of love this time around. Think they said they really were going to focus on that.

Level 67

Studios