How can Call of Duty be more mature

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature

in reply to ZvErS

Neither extreme is bad in my oppinion if nutured through it. I am of the thought that vulgarities, acts of rudeness, and disrespect are unacceptable however the extreme violence of the game I can live with. I do however council my kids to relilities that it's ONLY a game and not to be taken seriously. These actions are meant to entertain only. The community however, they are real, not fake, and accepting certain behaviors, that is to me telling my kids that I accept that behavior as okay when I truly believe it's not.

xtlc2003

in reply to xtlc2003

Makes sense and I see your point.

ZvErS

in reply to xtlc2003

xtlc2003 wrote:

Neither extreme is bad in my oppinion if nutured through it. I am of the thought that vulgarities, acts of rudeness, and disrespect are unacceptable however the extreme violence of the game I can live with. I do however council my kids to relilities that it's ONLY a game and not to be taken seriously. These actions are meant to entertain only. The community however, they are real, not fake, and accepting certain behaviors, that is to me telling my kids that I accept that behavior as okay when I truly believe it's not.

All we have to do is remember back when we were kids.  Vulgarity, rudeness, violence were all over the media then too.  Nothing new now, just different mediums such as the internet and online video games.  Nothing any more than before.  The only difference is the internet has given some a means to broadcast their vices and thereby making it seem like it's occurring more than before. 

Misbehaving kids, unfortunately, are going to misbehave.  But I'm betting for every bad kid, there are 5 good ones.  I've seen (heard) young kids in public matches who were more mature than the adults.  Playing in a party of their own and playing good, speaking to each other like civilized human beings, and didn't rage when getting their asses handed to them. 

Mass shooting are extremely rare (thank goodness).  To say that violence in video games, for example, is the cause of the tragedies is unsophiscated thinking.  Like I mentioned in another post elsewhere, they were blaming Heavy Metal before video games.  Not even the experts can say definitively why it happens.  It's a combo of so many factors--upbringing, social environment, mental health, etc. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

All we have to do is remember back when we were kids.  Vulgarity, rudeness, violence were all over the media then too.  Nothing new now, just different mediums such as the internet and online video games.  Nothing any more than before.  The only difference is the internet has given some a means to broadcast their vices and thereby making it seem like it's occurring more than before. 

Misbehaving kids, unfortunately, are going to misbehave.  But I'm betting for every bad kid, there are 5 good ones.  I've seen (heard) young kids in public matches who were more mature than the adults.  Playing in a party of their own and playing good, speaking to each other like civilized human beings, and didn't rage when getting their asses handed to them. 

Mass shooting are extremely rare (thank goodness).  To say that violence in video games, for example, is the cause of the tragedies is unsophiscated thinking.  Like I mentioned in another post elsewhere, they were blaming Heavy Metal before video games.  Not even the experts can say definitively why it happens.  It's a combo of so many factors--upbringing, social environment, mental health, etc. 

I wish I could like your reply 100 times or more. You summed it up PERFECTLY. That why it perplexes me to hear people on these forums complain about kids, as if they weren't at one time. Kids are not ruining CoD, from what I've seen the percentage of rude obnoxious kids is no higher than rude obnoxious adults. Dare I say there may be more rude obnoxious and "immature" adults playing than kids which is sad because as you say, "they're kids" and to an extent should be a little more rough around the edges. They're kids, it's their time to learn rules and etiquette, not instinctively know them. If there's any group we should complain about it's the adults, we're old enough that we should know better and set the example.

xtlc2003

in reply to Ghamorra

-Remove Quickscoping

-Remove split screen from MultiPlayer

-Larger, more thought out maps (Array, anyone?).  Flags should not be a grenade-throw distance from one-another (at least not on most maps where they are in BO2)

-Bring back the sniper.  While I hate dying to snipers, I do have the utmost respect for them when they are played correctly (long distance kills, not CQC...)

-Reduce XP such that a prestige is actually something worthwhile.

Raeder73

in reply to Ghamorra

all they really would have to do is eliminate aim assist completely, all the little kids will get frusterated and go back playing " my little pony's incredible journey"

eRr0R_6_

in reply to eRr0R_6_

So ultimately you DO want to remove "kids" from teh game???? Then by all means, of course that means Call of Duty will likely lose over 70% of it's audience and likely demise as a frnachise spelling the end of Call of Duty,,, if that's what you want then by all means.

Do I think kids are the problem with either the game or community, no.

With the game then I think there's room to "additionally" cater to other trains of thought besides what the kiddos like but ultimately the kids pay the bills so propotionately it makes sense that game design does sway to them. Again I do think there's room for improvement though, mostly the map designs.

With the community, again for every obnoxious kid i run into I run into 20 to 50 obnoxious vulgar "immature" adults so I still don't feel "removing kids" is teh answer.

xtlc2003

in reply to xtlc2003

COD did fine in past games, so they can return it to those settings in general,

and in getting rid of immature players on all scales would require much more micro managing from treyarch and the report tool.. people would talk so much trash if they knew they couldnt get away with it

eRr0R_6_

in reply to Ghamorra

Your ideas while great will not deter the kids from playing. They will gravitate to whatever the big thing is being played, they will play it and make as many posts as they are able to make, until the companies change the game in their direction. remember mommy and daddy will buy them what the kids want in order to keep them occupied. The companies will then start to modify the game slowly towards those younger generations. After a while we will end up with the mess that is COD currently. The fact is, companies have to go where the money is, hence the reason for the micro transactions.

Lawman911

in reply to Ghamorra

Get the community to be more mature it's that simple and hard to do.

It has nothing to do what is in the game it's all about the immature players that play it.

Hells_Hawk

Studios