How can Call of Duty be more mature

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

I think it should go a step further than COD4, I want slightly bigger teams 10v10. With slightly bigger maps.

The reason for bigger teams is because I feel one person can dominate a match too much. You get two of those caliber players and it actually becomes boring for the team they're on. With a slightly bigger player size the games can balance themselves out. With the maps being bigger (I mean bigger than COD4 maps) you can start engaging in standoff shootouts, I don't think this has ever happened before.

I find games where there's a stalemate in the middle of the map to be fun. You know that any slip up can be huge so you take extra time. The intensity in those situations is enough to drive you to an early grave but at the same time it's fun.

That to me is maturity, an immature player would not be able to communicate with 10 people on a map that big in a situation that intense.

I've been waiting for you to explain what your opinion of maturity is. Now that it's been stated, I'll have to just comment on this and say that nothing about this is mature. It's simply a different style of play.

Most of what is cited in this thread are real issues, but in reality aren't a matter of maturity on a grand scale. There's definitely a case-by-case situation where an individual needs to find if content appeals to them, but that's it.

All of this discussion is amazingly interesting to read. Sorry if I feel like a sick in the mud, but I just want to echo that most of this content isn't immature at all.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

I've been waiting for you to explain what your opinion of maturity is. Now that it's been stated, I'll have to just comment on this and say that nothing about this is mature. It's simply a different style of play.

Most of what is cited in this thread are real issues, but in reality aren't a matter of maturity on a grand scale. There's definitely a case-by-case situation where an individual needs to find if content appeals to them, but that's it.

All of this discussion is amazingly interesting to read. Sorry if I feel like a sick in the mud, but I just want to echo that most of this content isn't immature at all.

I that statement wasn't my opinion of maturity, at least it wasn't suppose to be.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Activision should start working on a title that it highly mature, 90% realistic, and focused on a niche gamer community.

I'm curious as to what they can come up with.

Im positive if they wanted to do they can find the right team and produce the succession games outside of COD. Have you heard of star wars 1313, a huge move on that franchise developed for more mature players?http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

Lucasarts is owned by Disney now, I don't think they can organize a great FPS. I think Acitivision needs to work with Sony's FPS Devs.

Sony proves time and time again that they can build the game players deserve. Right now, under Microsoft's infuence, Call of Duty is designed to make a profit. Sony designs to make their products the best possible, profits are just a result.

It's kind of like, "if you build it they will come". That's how Sony makes money, they build awesome sh*t people can pass up. Imagine a CoD game like that.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Maybe they should get the team that produces teh Gran Turismo games to give them some pointers, they know how to release a well polished product

Level 67

in reply to Ghamorra

It might just be me , but the maps themselves seemed to be aimed at younger crowds. I don't recall many other maps in the older games that were at skate parks, paintball arenas and so on.

I may just be making a connection where I want , but I remember more jungle/desert/ outdoor in general maps as opposed to teenage hangout places. And bling bling mansions . Maybe in the next map pack others will be a " Jersey shore" map or something.

Not to mention the bright sparkly camo . From my experience the mature gamers want camo that actually is camo. Not pink leopard print or snuggly teddy bears.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

I Agree. To add to your post, Diamond camo, Spray paint camo, Japanamation camo etc.....It's suppose to be more realistic IMO. That's what CoD used to be. Now it's turned into a 'Justin Beeber' concert setting crossed with sponge bob. As an older gamer, I actually feel like a shouldn't be playing this game anymore sometimes.

That's not the CoD I have always known. I think they are loosing there direction and this doesn't mean that each installment stays the same, it's just the "new features" need to stay with original spirit of CoD.

Level 48

in reply to Ghamorra

Don't try to sell me Pink polka dotted camos.

But seriously the game isn't supposed to be sold to anyone younger than 17 I believe - the other day I had this kid that sounded very young on my team so I asked him how old he was - he said 7 - WTF ? - I told him he had horrible parents.  lol

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

yeah my nephews starte dplaing the multiplayer, i looked at my sister,a nd was like " why are you letting them play  it, its nothing put filth that people say, and i dont want them to be exposed to that at such a young age*

She said the sound and all mics are muted... i told her they can still send love notes

Level 8

in reply to eRr0R_6_

So just because they can't hear swearing and other vulgarities, it's ok to continually blow people's heads off and the mentality of killing is ok but swearing, No?. This doesn't make any sense to me. No wonder kids are killing other kids in schools these days. They shouldn't be living in a bubble but they also shouldn't be exposed to the opposite extreme either. There's no balance.....

Just a thought.

Level 48

Studios