How can you immediately go prone without diving?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

How can you immediately go prone without diving?

I've noticed lately that more and more players are using the Tactical Controller layout. My question is even when you have it on Tactical you don't just drop to the ground when walking or stationary there is a slight pause between movements. So, how is it that I have seen a number of players with the ability to just "Drop" to prone without any delay?

Level 12
14 REPLIES

Re: How can you immediately go prone without diving?

in reply to BlackhawkbillOO7

I saw people 'drop' last night. I didn't notice it as any different to drop shotting personally. Does seem quick but then again, I was unloading with an the HMR mid section so it didn't help them one bit.

Level 48

Using the tactical controller layout, just hold down R3 or rapidly just push it and you drop pretty fast. I been using tactical since MW2 because I hated panic knifing because of nerve damage to my right thumb

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I've tried the Tactical layout and it always seems to go to crouch then prone. The guy's I've been seeing have been literally just dropping straight to the ground.

Level 12

Hmmm... I usually just drop to the floor. I am not sure exactly what I am doing but I will pay attention tonight if I get on and I will send you a Private Message if it's different that either holding R3 down or double tapping it quickly to drop.

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

I appreciate it. Let me know what you find. Thanks again.

Level 12

Not really sure. There's always a hitch when I try to drop shot in this game and usually end up just crouching most of the time. In MW3 I would just drop straight down.

Level 4

in reply to net_nginerd

That's what happens when I do it.

Level 12

I don't so much have a problem dropping as I do with the dolphin dive.  I wish there was a way to turn it off.  I'm constantly sprinting and often want to quickly go prone on an objective or to avoid a Betty, but find myself diving onto boxes or being blown up in mid-air because I suddenly thought I was Superman.

Level 15

You're lagging or experiencing lag comp! I get this all the time, I use the tactical controller setup and it still takes me a while to go prone. But when others do it the animation is at warp speed so one second they're standing and the next they're prone. Welcome to Lag Ops 2 buddy.

Level 13

Studios