How do I get ride of lag?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

How do I get ride of lag?

I am suffering from massive lag, I am getting one shotted from every guns in the game. I turn a coner then go back behind a hardbrick wall cover but im still taking damage. I shoot someone and I aim dead on target and i die. straight away i dont stand a chance in killing someone in a head to head battle even if my guns stronger and better range. I am getting stressed out coz people think I'm shit, I have many saved gameplays to show overwise, some my best game plays are 49 Kills to 4 deaths, 35 kills to 0 deaths, 42 kills to 1 death and I have... well had a 3K/D before, but its getting worse and I just cant play anymore because of this, please help me

p.s. I have a trolling account on the same system but it seems to lag a little less. I joined a game got most kills and a 5 K/D with B23R on hardcore, I never play hardcore but yet i did well. maybe theres a connection erroe with my main account?

p.p.s Im not intrested in tones of links so please dont reply with them

Level 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I get ride of lag?

in reply to RazerDeadBullet
Solution
‎26-07-2013 10:47 AM

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Online-Game-for-PlayStati...

That is the best you can do. Lag is inherent with anything on Internet. Optimise your connection and hope, that is all you can do. I have a number of accounts and it makes no difference, a lot depends who you are matched with, their connection, and everybodies connection to the host, which varies match to match.

Level 38
5 REPLIES

Make sure your router is set up properly for internet gaming. I'd give you a link to figure it out but you don't want tones of links.

Level 40

I'd guess that the biggest difference between your main and second account is that you are playing HC on the second one.  Lag is less noticeable in HC.  Past that you likely have a connection problem.  It could be several things but I'd start with a simple router reboot and see if that helps.  If it doesn't then you'll need to start trouble shooting deeper.  Port forwarding might help if you haven't already but my guess if things were working before and now aren't working is that you have a hardware problem.

Level 69

put a saddle on it

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

Haha..i saw what you did there

Level 67

Solution
‎26-07-2013 10:47 AM

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Online-Game-for-PlayStati...

That is the best you can do. Lag is inherent with anything on Internet. Optimise your connection and hope, that is all you can do. I have a number of accounts and it makes no difference, a lot depends who you are matched with, their connection, and everybodies connection to the host, which varies match to match.

Level 38

Studios