How to improve Arms Race

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

How to improve Arms Race

To be honest Arms Race is the only reason I play BO2 anymore, it's the only gamemode I play and although I like it there is definately room for improvement. I think two things should be changed.

1) Make the score limit 100 instead of 75. The games go quickly and if you don't go on a streak in the first minute or two you're unlikely (if you are going for the higher streaks) to cycle through your streaks.

2) The UAV should be disabled. The purpose of this gamemode is pretty much to get high streaks but there is crazy UAV spam. I think disabling the UAV for Arms Race would encourage people to use higher streaks rather then UAV, HK drone and skill package. Personally I think that the UAV, RC-XD, HK drone and skill package should all be disabled but that might be a bit too much.

Level 18
13 REPLIES

Re: How to improve Arms Race

in reply to Im_not_BukLau

I didn't understand the thought of increasing the score. Getting points wasn't really the issue, it was running out of kills to call in the fun stuff. Sure you can get higher Streaks faster, but that doesn't mean you're going to have enough time to call them in. Even in KC I find it hard to fit a SWARM into the game

Level 75

no tnx.

arms race is and should be just a temporary game mode anyway so they should spent any little time  they all ready do elsewhere.

we HC players already got shafted with so little modes and now you want them to spent more time on yet another core mode off which their are a abundance.

Also if they take the UAV out then they might as well leave the ghost perk out as well and why bother having CUAV in lol.

then again i dont play this crap anyway so who cares what i say lo..

Level 27

1- no

2- no

Level 4

Totally agree. They should make Arms Race a permanent game mode and put it in the core playlist and they need to remove the UAV. Too much effing UAV spam.

Level 1

in reply to RoyalSaladin

Use a launcher. Or black hat. Or ghost .

Activision Ambassador

The biggest improvement needed for Arms Race is to cut down on the imbalanced matchmaking lag.  I quit playing it just because I was tired of either being invincible or shooting bullets that even marshmellows would consider to be too soft.  Very rarely could I find a balanced match.

Level 69

Why would they change arms race? its LIMITED time.

Level 2

It's a limited time game mode, they have no reason to change it.

Level 10

1. If the match is longer, people will just rage quit. Imagine after a certain point, there will be too many streaks out that makes it impossible to come back from. It's usually gameover when the enemy has swarms, dogs, choppers, vtol, uav, and what not. You can't stop all the scorestreaks and would be just slaughter by them.

2. There's no point of removing it. People who tries to spam the air with UAV will usually not survive. It only takes 6 kills to get some dangerous streaks going which makes UAV useless.

Level 10

Studios