I have a question about those teams that use the Riot Shield system.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

I have a question about those teams that use the Riot Shield system.

I know this topic has been discussed many times and youtube videos of the worm are all over. I have encountered a few teams that use the riot shield system and set up camp in a section of a map. I was curious if any of you as a team encountered that and just let them sit there? Most people keep going back at these guys with Emp, granades, etc. but has any team ever just let them sit there for the whole game and see what happens? They want you to keep coming back at them, but what if no one goes to them, wouldn't that be kind of like a payback in an unusual way?

Level 18
13 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: I have a question about those teams that use the Riot Shield system.

in reply to mwfan55

I've never ran into a team doing it, I ran into 2 people doing it on standoff in the middle building and I picked them off with a zoom LMG. I have however done it in a full party, it's funny because people just keep coming back.

Level 25

in reply to mwfan55

My clan has tried it and it is mostly for fun. We are not trying to win when we do it, just mostly screwing around with each other. If the other team didn't come for us, we would have probably tried to get them to come after us somehow.

Truthfully though, I don't see this tactic very often on HCKC, HCTDM or HCS&D. Perhaps it's because it is much easier to die. The few times I have seen it, my team worked together and destroyed them using communication and surrounding the building.

Once we got the lead, we stopped going after them and waited for them to come after us, thus ruining their little game.

Level 40

in reply to mwfan55

I think your strategy could work about staying away. I've killed many of these players from range with Snipers and AR's. You just have to be ready when they try to pop up and shoot.

Level 48

in reply to mwfan55

I have and there is one particulare clan that does it every game every match every map. I've learned just to sit the whole game out in one spot. I will only recieve the honor batch ,but F it. I refuse to be the ones that try running up to them and at the end of the game  theyre personal score is like 1-20. Ifi have a head set i try to warn them although no one listens.

SO best thing to do is not chase them unless you dont care and like dieing several time.

VLN
Level 4

Are you playing on core or hardcore? Like I said in an above reply, on HC, this tactic is easy to beat but I am not so sure about hardcore. Have you tried going after them yourself with a riot shield?

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Its HC. Its very diffucult to get to them scores are usually 6-75 thats tops ive seen.

VLN
Level 4

My clan actually has classes set up for that that includes Noobtubes, rockets, flashes, grenades and all sorts of fun stuff. Also, have an LMG with FMJ on will help you get those nasty little guys.

Level 40

VLN wrote:

i have a head set i try to warn them although no one listens.

That's the problem I have, the randoms on my team won't listen.

VLN wrote:

I have and there is one particulare clan that does it every game every match every map.

Just curious, what's the name of the clan that uses the riot shield system? If you don't want to post it publicly then please PM me. Thanks

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

Done.

VLN
Level 4

Studios