If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

I've seen a lot of threads talking about a zombie clan or elite group of players and all sorts of different criteria about who/how. Going back to BO1, I also considered alternatives to the matchmaking lobbies.

From all the different threads I've seen.....and all the different ideas, they all seem to fall apart at a point (number of people) that exceeds the ability of a small number of people being able to manage the quality of the group. Meaning....at some point, the group becomes no more reliable than random lobbies or it's too small a group to quickly find a game.

Since everyone knows the in game ranking system is easily gamed and actually promotes a goal counter to good team play, how would you "test" or validate a person as a quality team player?

As I've said before, the stats that are important to zombies are not in the game stats. For example, ability to hero out a round solo after 3 players die out might be a good stat....call it game saves. Another stat that might be important is quits. The best criteria would be one you probably couldn't condense to a stat.....such as game delays, team play, not talking, raging, etc.

Since the stats and ranks can be manipulated.....and assuming you were the one forming a group and looking for some other qualifying criteria, what would be your "test"?. How would you assemble a large (hundreds) group and be reasonably sure they are worthy without a huge time investment by a few?

(I'll be away most of the day....won't be able to respond till later)

Level 18
27 REPLIES

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

Charge them.. Lol

All donations go to charity, if your serious a few dollars or pounds wouldn't be missed, and while it wouldn't guarantee a skill level it would show great willing from the offset Smiley Happy

Silly idea probably. But I'd pay 5 pounds to a good cause, knowing I'd be part of a community who feels the same Smiley Very Happy

Level 7

in reply to Blazinhydro

Blazinhydro wrote:

Charge them.. Lol

All donations go to charity, if your serious a few dollars or pounds wouldn't be missed, and while it wouldn't guarantee a skill level it would show great willing from the offset Smiley Happy

Silly idea probably. But I'd pay 5 pounds to a good cause, knowing I'd be part of a community who feels the same Smiley Very Happy

Didn't Activision try that?

I don't think that solves the problem.....you want a pool of players that don't quit, are team oriented and not obnoxious...skill would be below those IMHO. Aholes have money too

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Throw them into a 4 player match on nacht der untoten and see if they can work as a team

Level 7

in reply to JD-ILLusiONS-JD1

JD-ILLusiONS-JD wrote:

Throw them into a 4 player match on nacht der untoten and see if they can work as a team

Add 1 cup of sewage to 55 gallons of wine and what do you have?

Sewage....

I think 3 idiots can make even the best players look bad....it would be too subjective.

Level 18

in reply to USarmyvet

Let anyone join.  Have a voting system whereby players are encouraged to sign in to the website and rate their team mates post match.

It's far from perfect, but it avoids the possible and probable hierarchy that most alternatives would bring.  Maybe as Blazin suggests, charge a small £5 for charity donation just to screen out the idiots that would just want to troll with a 24hr live pass.

Level 9

in reply to whots_his_face

Like feedback on eBay haha Smiley Happy

Level 7

in reply to Blazinhydro

Yeah, why not? I would prefer that to the 'judge' idea. 

Better to have a reputaion awarded by the community than a single person arbitarily deciding your zombie slaying status.

Level 9

Yeah man def!

Reputations can only get better then, and everyone would have a good idea of the players before starting the match..

Instead of hearing the same old, I can go 40 plus etc... When in reality they can only do this on buried Smiley Sad

Level 7

whots_his_face wrote:

Yeah, why not? I would prefer that to the 'judge' idea. 

Better to have a reputaion awarded by the community than a single person arbitarily deciding your zombie slaying status.

Both are really the same....the community is the judge.

Anyway....that's about the only way a "meetup" group could work without it becoming a full time job for one person or even a handfull.

Level 18

Studios