If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to Blazinhydro

Blazinhydro wrote:

Like feedback on eBay haha Smiley Happy

Better example would be "Angies List" but I think you are right.

Level 18
Likes: 414
Posts: 645
Registered: ‎04-08-2013

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to whots_his_face

whots_his_face wrote:

Let anyone join.  Have a voting system whereby players are encouraged to sign in to the website and rate their team mates post match.

It's far from perfect, but it avoids the possible and probable hierarchy that most alternatives would bring.  Maybe as Blazin suggests, charge a small £5 for charity donation just to screen out the idiots that would just want to troll with a 24hr live pass.

That might be possible if there were "tiers"....otherwise it would morph into the same issues the match making lobbies have.

What good is a "clan/group" if all you do is get the same frustrations lobby hunting offers?

"Let anyone join" drives up the labor of keeping a well pruned group of good people.

Level 18
Likes: 414
Posts: 645
Registered: ‎04-08-2013
Highlighted

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

Not really.  You act like a ****, you're out, you lost you're fiver.  Surely everybody deserves a chance?  Isn't that the right thing to do? 

I fail to see where the labour is in signing into a web site for 10 seconds post match.  It would only be labour intensive if there was a power structure created whereby select individuals did the judging (And yes - the difference is HUGE!)

If say after your 5th game your score is visible, wouldn't this be reliable?  Where was the effort? Their score was merely awarded by all the people who had played those games with them.  Seems a beautiful thing to me

Level 9
Likes: 102
Posts: 294
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to whots_his_face

whots_his_face wrote:

Not really.  You act like a ****, you're out, you lost you're fiver.  Surely everybody deserves a chance?  Isn't that the right thing to do? 

I fail to see where the labour is in signing into a web site for 10 seconds post match.  It would only be labour intensive if there was a power structure created whereby select individuals did the judging (And yes - the difference is HUGE!)

If say after your 5th game your score is visible, wouldn't this be reliable?  Where was the effort? Their score was merely awarded by all the people who had played those games with them.  Seems a beautiful thing to me

The labor would be keeping dheads from infiltrating the group and polluting it.....much like we see here every afternoon from 3-5 pm.

Level 18
Likes: 414
Posts: 645
Registered: ‎04-08-2013

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

Looks at time.. lol.  I can't help but think the admission price would prevent most, coupled with the fear of being banned and losing it.

I see a site with a list of people who are online.  Next to their tag they have a score. Next to the probationary players(less than 5 games) is a relevant badge.  People have the opportunity to decide wether to give that player a chance, or play with a rated player.

I think the abuse would be very small, and a price worth paying.

Level 9
Likes: 102
Posts: 294
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to whots_his_face

whots_his_face wrote:

I see a site with a list of people who are online.  Next to their tag they have a score. Next to the probationary players(less than 5 games) is a relevant badge.  People have the opportunity to decide wether to give that player a chance, or play with a rated player.

The PHP code to acomplish this would be a lot more difficult than the description of it....and still does not address how you stop a player (or group) from boosting themselves to shotguns errr....I mean 5 star ratings.

whots_his_face wrote:

I think the abuse would be very small, and a price worth paying.

As far as I know....I'm the only person that has spent real money and real time outside of xbox and forum discussions to address this. If it was doomed from birth to be a smaller internet version of the xbox "submit player review" + "shotgun/skulls".....it's not worth doing IMHO.

Level 18
Likes: 414
Posts: 645
Registered: ‎04-08-2013

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand the problems..

But the boosting? Maybe make the probation 10 games.  A player can only rate another player once.  That means a rated players approval is based on a minimum of 30  peoples oppinions.  I just don't think many people would want to pay a fiver, play 10 games as a real team player, just to be a dick over the next few and get booted.

Level 9
Likes: 102
Posts: 294
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

I can play a 10 round game with 3 other people and get a pretty good feeling of who's gonna do good. Granted, some people screw up early on (myself included).

So you want to look at it in the context of their stats. But there's nothing like playing a game with people.

Alternatively-watch their recent matches at 6x speed. This could take out a large amount of the time spent (slowing down to watch anything you find interesting). See how they play, how they react when a teammate goes down, what they do when things go unfavorably, can them get themselves out of a sticky situation by thinking outside the box...etc.

Level 20
Likes: 474
Posts: 796
Registered: ‎02-06-2013

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to USarmyvet

Would be very time consuming for larger groups, but playing a game with them is pretty much the best way to go. If they do well then allow them into the 'group'. To be honest though, a group of "hundreds" wouldn't be very managable anyway, especially as you can't even have more than 100 on your friends list.

Level 3
Likes: 19
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎14-11-2012

Re: If you were forming a group of good players (clan?) How would you test?

in reply to Sabercrest

Sabercrest wrote:

To be honest though, a group of "hundreds" wouldn't be very managable anyway, especially as you can't even have more than 100 on your friends list.

Thus the need for a work around....

I agree with you on manageability....this is why I'm asking for suggestions. I think I have an interesting work around for that as well that would add some fun for people that are very active in the community.

Level 18
Likes: 414
Posts: 645
Registered: ‎04-08-2013

Studios