Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Highlighted

Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

Hey everyone I started this post over on CoDz and thought some of you may be interested in it.  Thanks for reading!

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=32161

Level 11
49 REPLIES

Re: Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

in reply to fatedtitan

Yeah, good post mate. Definitely in agreement that Richtofen is the lesser of two evils.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I have to disagree. Richtofen had been plotting against Maxis for quite some time before he was teleported and touched the mpd. from there he only became crazier. Not only did he try to kill Maxis but he also would have killed Samantha, a little girl (if all went to plan). So in my eyes Ma is isnt necessarily evil. He is just hell bent on revenge, which I would be too if someone tried to harm myself and my daughter. Playing as Richtofen was great, but I still think he is the more EVIL one of the two. The whole laugh at the end of the moon threw me off though. Sounded like he gave a reasonable explanation in Tranzit though.

Level 22

in reply to Zombiefaces

Yes, but Richtofen only became properly 'insane' when he first touched the MPD. He had no real designs on Killing Samantha before this, as it was only after the MPD had been discovered, that Richtofen started his plot to bring the downfall of Maxis. He was ambitious, and obviously, eccentric, but he was devouted to his work, rather than out and out world domination.

They both became paranoid and dangerous when they experimented with the use of Element 115, and as such, became exposed to the toxins it emits.

Pretty much how the same effect have now caused global exposure to the human race, these two, along with all the others in Group 935 became paranoid of one and others actions, and subsequently, went insane.

They all conspired against each other, and ultimately, Maxis' actions proved to be more evil than Richtofens towards the human race.

He is DEFINITELY the more evil of the two, but really, there is NO good guy here.

Level 53

So do you believe there is a demon in control or is it their own insanity?  Perhaps the deepest, darkest parts of their most basic wants are psychotically coming out and manifesting in a schizophrenic manner?

Level 22

in reply to LORD_GRRR

I believe there is 'something' within the MPD that is controlling Richtofen, as it did with Samantha, but the rest of the Group 935 member and Maxis became paranoid and 'insane' from their exposure to the Element 115 that they had mined.

Richtofen's madness is different to that of say Yuri's, who went mad through the exposure to the 115, and turned on Gersch.

No... Richtofen is being controlled or manipulated in someway, but it is down to the MPD, and who possesses it.

He WAS exposed to 115 prior to finding the MPD though, so madness had engulfed the Group then too.

Level 53

Maxis sided with the nazis which most would see as evil. BUT he was from Germany and was doing what he thought would put an end to the war as quick as possible for his country and getting financing at the same time. Richtofen however wanted to perfect teleporting. <----- how does that help the human condition?? In my eyes Maxis was looking out for the entire program and Richtofen was only trying to further his agenda.

But hey who knows! This is actually a subject I enjoy debating on!

Level 22

in reply to Zombiefaces

Well at least a few people like debating. :-).

Richtofen only continued working on teleportation because he believed it was a breakthrough in science and technology. He was a curious man. It wasn't benifiting HIM in any physical way. He though that the Nazi's would like it and he even tried to show Maxis, who rejected the idea. THAT'S when things started to get out of control. :-).

Level 30

in reply to Shredder2468

Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea? Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time. I agree that he was working on a huge breakthrough, but at the time that's not what was wanted from their financiers. Anyone who is passionate about his or her work knows this feeling. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, even if you dot agree with it to get a job done with others.

lol and sometimes you end up going rogue and controlling zombies apparently.

Level 22

in reply to Zombiefaces

Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea?

Exposure to the 115... Paranoia!

Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time.

The DG-2 was considered too dangerous for mass production, as the user of it would become exposed to high radiation.

Level 53

Studios